send fax

Discussion in 'General' started by ericng, May 1, 2009.

1. ericng

Following through the "Elastix without tears", I managed to setup few DID lines to receive faxes (I am having E1 lines). If I do a fax out from Elastix, is there a way for me to retain DID number on the faxes sent (if faxes been received through 34567891, when I doing the faxout, can I retain 34567891 in the outgoing faxes.

Thanks and Regards

2. raj

raj

are you trying to send fax from analog Fax Machine? if so you can simply add it there in Fax Machine or outbound caller id field of Fax Extension.

Hope it helps.

3. ericng

I sending fax using Elastix box. Since I am running with E1 DID, I need to configure the outgoing faxes from Elastix be tagged with a defined DID number when receiving on any fax machine.

Regards,

Eric

4. raj

raj

Surely you are faxing from Elastix box but how? i want to know if you are using Fax Machine, Windows clients such as winprinthylafax or something like that.

5. ericng

Hi raj,

I am using windows client software for faxing. What I want to achieve is to tag any outgoing fax from Elastix with a a predefined DID number. Rather than to specify at the client side, can this be setup inside the asterisk server itself?

Regards,

Eric

6. asepulveda

HI! , when you configure a new virtual fax you are asked to enter the Caller ID Number, this have to be one of your DID