Send Fax through IAX2

fernandov

I have the following scenario.

E1 <--> Asterisk (Main) (IAX2) <--> (VPN) <--> (IAX2) Asterisk (Branch)

I want to use a E1 number that is connected to the (Main Asterisk) to send/receive fax from (Asterisk Main) to the (Asterisk Branch) through the IAX2.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks to suggestion/opinion

ramoncio

Yes, you should configure a trunk (iax2/sip) between your two offices, and a outgoing route in each box with for example this dial pattern: 7|. telling it to use the trunk.
So when you are in box A and dial 7XXXXXXXXXX it will use box B to dial out XXXXXXXXXX and viceversa.

fernandov

Maybe I did not explain myself clearly. I want to pass virtual faxes. Last night I was thinking the following scenario.

E1 # --> Inbound route @ Box A routes to to IAX2 extension @ box B --> Box B has the virtual fax with IAX2 extension instead of boa A.

Does that sound like a good solution?

dicko

Given the fragility of T30 and it's incredible demands on untainted data stream, I refer you to

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php ... k+IAXmodem

with particularity to termnetd and ttyd. where the iaxmodems and the hylafax server(s) are on different machines/networks. The Hylafax/Hylafax+ forums will give you more details as to how to achieve this

The rtp <-> iaxmodem communication is time critical and unforgiving, the serial connection to hylafax however can be buffered and theoretically stretched to the other end of the internet.

ramoncio

fernandov said:
Maybe I did not explain myself clearly. I want to pass virtual faxes. Last night I was thinking the following scenario.

E1 # --> Inbound route @ Box A routes to to IAX2 extension @ box B --> Box B has the virtual fax with IAX2 extension instead of boa A.

Does that sound like a good solution?
Yes you could do this.
Box A can have an inboud route sending all faxes to box B iaxmodem extension.
With the outbound route 7|. in box A sending you to the IAX2 inter office trunk, as I used in my example above, you would need to setup a custom extension:
local/7[iaxmodem extension in B]@from-internal
and send whatever inbound calls you want to this extension.
Of course, the faster the link between both boxes the more reliable all this will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feparra121