Send email after 911 has been dialed

Discussion in 'General' started by thorpe5278, Dec 24, 2010.

1. thorpe5278

Jan 10, 2010
    Does anyone know how I could send out an email after someone has dialed 911. What we would like is if someone dials 911 an email would be sent out what would have the extension that dialed 911.
  2. dicko

Oct 24, 2008
    perhaps in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, add to

exten => 911,1,Playback(custom/your_911_warning_that911_process_has_started_and_DO_NOT_HANG_UP)
    exten => 911,n,system(echo "Oh shit, ${EXTEN} called 911"|mail -s "911 call made from ${EXTEN}")
    exten => 911,n,dial(local/911@outbound-allroutes)
    exten => 911,n,hangup

don't worry about the hangup, if you use an analog line, which I STRONGLY suggest you do, they won't let you, it will be "line grabbed", i,e, every further use of that trunk will be diverted to the original 911 open line, at least in the US.

don't forget to record that message, and make sure that callbacks to the outbound CID presented are sent to "a responsible adult"

But please make sure that you have a route to 911, that that route is properly set up and that that route is E911 compliant as to the the original callers location as to CID, they get really pissed if you don't do the above, please test it first but also let the operator know that you are testing or expect a big red truck to show up and a big bill from your city next month.