select a trunc for outgoing calls

Discussion in 'General' started by mts, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mts

mts

Hi,

I have several misdn truncs.
    How can I reach that outgoing calls from e.g. Extension 10 go to trunc "test123"

THX

2. Bob

Bob

Either load the Freepbx context module....which may be a bit onerous as I don't believe you need that full functionality.

Or load Rob Thomas' Outbound Route Permissions Module......read more here.
    http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... permission

Have used it several times for the exact purpose you mention, and works very well. Read it well and you will find it relatively easy.

Regards

Bob

3. mts

mts

Do you know if it is compatible with freepbx 2.5.2.2 (Asterisk Ver. 1.4.27)?

4. Bob

Bob

As far as I can remember.

It has been installed on an Elastix 1.5-2 system with all Freepbx updates (2.5).
    Furthermore it has been installed on a Elastix 1.6beta2 system with all Freepbx updates (2.5).

It is written by Rob Thomas who is very well known in the Freepbx community as he was the project lead on Freepbx before Philippe, and is contributed with the general base design that Freepbx is today. So what I am saying, is while it is regarded as a third party module, I am pretty sure that Rob Thomas' work does not come under the "quick and dirty, hope it doesn't break on he next release" type of module.

What I like about it though is that it makes a minimal impact on the Freepbx setup (unlike the context module), and does its job.

Like always though, before implementing, perform a freepbx backup, so that you can return your Freepbx configuration back to its original state (thats all this module affects), in case you need to.

Regards
    Bob

5. mts

mts

There is no readme or install-info.

Can you please tell me how to install the routepermissions.

6. Bob

Bob

I said that you need to read carefully!!! :laugh: (only joking)....

Sorry I forgot the main instructions are actually built into the module (when you have it installed in Freepbx).

But as it is a custom module, then you need to upload it. So simple instructions are

1) Download it to your Workstation first
    2) Enter Elastix, then PBX, then Unembedded Freepbx
    3) Go to Tools in Freepbx
    4) Goto Module Admin
    5) At the top of the page, you will see a section called Upload Module - click it
    6) next browse for where you put the module on your workstation and upload it.
    7) Check that the module is now in the list of modules in Freepbx (you may have to enable it).
    8) It should now appear as an option in your Normal Freepbx menu. Read the instructions.....

If you still have questions, post away...

Regards

Bob

7. mts

mts

Sorry, but I need your help again.

I have to outbound-routes.
    Normally every call (Dial Patterns: .) goes to route-A.
    Now I want extension 13 (only 13) to use route-B.

Thats what I have tried:
    1) I added route-C: (Dial Patterns: .)
    2) I changed Dial Patterns of route-B to: 00001|.

Now in extension 13:
    1) Permission for route-A to false
    2) Permission for route-B to true
    3) Permission for route-C to false +Redirect Prefix:00001

What is wrong now?

8. Bob

Bob

You need to think of it this way....

Imagine this module was not available.

The simplest way to perform this task with Extension 13 is to add it into Extension 13's phone, that every call they dialled it added a prefix of say (1422) to every number that was dialled from this phone. You would then setup an outbound route that contained the dialplan of
    1422|. which then sent it out the particular trunk that you want.

Now as many know, this is a messy setup, unmaintainable, and definitely not ideal.

What Rob Thomas' module does, is perform this function on the Freepbx itself, based on the extension number.

As he mentions in his notes, the ladder style drop through all the routes does not work if you deny it via this module as Freepbx would look for the first match of the number you are dialling, as it is denied, it will just fail...but what the module does then is come back to the Extension and look at the Redirect prefix that you setup....add say 1422 to the number go back to ladder style drop through routes and this time, only find one outbound route with a dialplan of 1422|. and since you have not denied it this route, it will proceed with this route (which should be you special route).

Now one thing I have though about is your use of the . (Match all) dialplan. Use of a dial plan like this, is not ideal, not just from this modules point of view, but in general they are not good design. However, lets not complicate things....what you may need to do is make sure that you lift your special outbound route to the top of the ladder, otherwise, your catch all will take the call everytime (because the . will match 1422|. as well, meaning that it will never get to your route).

Hope this helps a little.

We use it on systems that have PSTN lines, but use VoIP primarily for outbound calls. But for outbound faxing reliability, they want to use PSTN lines with Hylafax, and in particular they want it to use the last PSTN number in their hunt group (less chance of it picking up a line calling in. It works extremely well and reliably.

Regards

Bob