Seems to be a new version brewing elsewhere?

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by donhwyo, May 12, 2010.

1. donhwyo

2. aastra1

You are definitely right, the new version of the XML scripts is almost ready and will be soon available for Elastix as well. The lack of resources did not allow us to have more than 2 beta at the same time.

Stay tuned.

aastra1

3. donhwyo

Great to hear. I have been testing it on 2.0.rc3 and all seems good so far. (not extensive) Maybe once it is released it could be add to the new version as a module.

Thanks,
    Don

4. donhwyo

5. garrywadams

I just installed these scripts on Elastix 2.0 (final). I don't know if anyone else has tried it yet, but I don't see any other success/failure stories on here so I thought I'd share mine.

Installation was a breeze. I have a brand new Elastix 2.0 build and I followed the PDF document right through. Everything went just as expected and the scripts are working great. I even have my phone in a different (VPN routed) subnet from my PBX and the auto discovery portion still worked great (once I set option 66 on my local DHCP server). If anyone has any hesitations about running the new scripts on the new platform I can tell you that it works exactly as advertised.