Secured extensions

abukhazneh

hello all ,

I have a small question , i made extensions and everything is going well but now if any one has a soft phone in my company and knows the secret for the extension he can use any extension for his calls , so i wonder if there is any way to make the extensions more secured i.e if there is a way that users can change the secret of the extension i think it will be more safe like that, any sugestions ,
Thnx in advanced

Patrick_elx

if someone is using a softphone he will know only the secret associated to his extension (and not if you were the one entering the secret in his soft).
Of course if you are using the same secret for each extension or with the extension number in it, that's easy to guess the other ones...

pucky900

Using your secret password the same as your extension is a HUGE no no. Login for voicemail is OK but not the secret. You can also limit the IP address that is allowed to use that extension. You can do this for each extension.... which is a nice little added security. Under device options for the extension, you will see allow. Enter the IP address/Submask of the phone (192.168.xx.xx/255.255.255.0). This will limit who can use it.

abukhazneh

so nice it is more secured like that, i was so suprised that such a software would be so simple and not secured , but like that it is more confident and secured , thanks alot for your help , but if there is a guide for those features i will be so thankfull,
thanks alot

ramoncio

I've moved this thread to the security subforum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino