Script to configure Gmail as relayhost in postfix

ramoncio

With this script you can configure Gmail using sasl auth as relayhost for postfix, to deliver all your emails.
If you run it as it is, it starts asking the user for the gmail credentials and some data needed to customize the SSL certificate, but it can also be easily made fully unattended, assigning values to the variables and removing the first lines (starting with read).

Code:
wget http://www.lolacolay.com/ramon/postfixgmail.sh
chmod +x postfixgmail.sh
./postfixgmail.sh

Acidizer

That was peace of cace to set up even for complete NOB like i am, thanks a lot :)

rollinsolo

+1 to you for that, will this work for different types of email accounts that require authentication, I am thinking once I set up a user and new password I can modify the script to create the certs for their email host instead, it is not gmail.

bhallottawa

This worked Awesome!

Thanks
Bob

rollinsolo

Ramoncio the only thing I would change in the script is who sends the email in vm_general.inc in /etc/asterisk, if you change serveremail, who the email appears to come from which would be the email used to authenticate mail this script works for any email server out there, well gmail and an exchange server hosted in the Amazon Cloud, the only other file I had to change was /etc/postfix/generic and take out anything before the first @ sign so the line looks similar to @pbx.local username@gmail.com
then do a postmap /etc/postfix/generic and restart postfix or reboot server and email will go through authenticating to just about anyone.
Thanks for this could not have done it for a customer of mine without this.

rollinsolo

I also see you lost your Karma somehow well heres one more for this.

ramoncio

Thanks for that!!

Someone took my karma away, I see...
I'll have to start over :(

rollinsolo

If they can fix it I think you were at least 60+ I left you one for the script and then noticed your were at 0 again, kinda sucks FIX IT GUYS he earned each and every one of those. Side note Ramoncio do you know how to make UUCP send mail as root my voicemail to email goes thru authenticated using your script but faxes are being sent from=<uucp@pbx.local> as opposed to from=<asterisk@pbx.local> and are being rejected because the sender does not have permission to send as this sender, I am trying to tread lightly because its a customer production server, also hard to replicate on my own because they use their own mail client and mine is working both ways using Gmail. Thanks.

rnrover

Fantastic Script. I spent half a day trying to get email working before I found your script. It took 5 minutes once I got your script.

Thanks again :woohoo:

mambo

Re: Re:Script to configure Gmail as relayhost in postfix

Excelent ... very good script..thk.

benboone

I have setup postfix before but this was by far the easiest setup for gmail relay that I have ever done. thanks!!

oscarbello84

Hello, I'm trying to run the script in a CentOS-6.3 server and I get this error:

Starting postfix: [ OK ]
Generating DSA parameters, 1024 bit long prime
This could take some time
.......+.....+..+................+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*
.....+...........+.+...+...+.........+.....+..+...+.........+.+.......+......+....................+.................+..............+...................+.......+.............................................+.+.+.....+.....+...........+...+.......+..............+.....+....+.........+....+...........+.+..........+.......+...........+...+.............+.+.+.+........+.....+..+..+........+.+....+.......+.....+..+.....+.......+......+.......................+..................+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*
Generating a 1024 bit DSA private key
writing new private key to 'mykey.pem'
-----
140229566310216:error:0606B06E:digital envelope routines:EVP_SignFinal:wrong public key type:p_sign.c:142:
140229566310216:error:0D0C3006:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_sign:EVP lib:a_sign.c:279:
140237058017096:error:0606B06E:digital envelope routines:EVP_SignFinal:wrong public key type:p_sign.c:142:
140237058017096:error:0D0C3006:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_sign:EVP lib:a_sign.c:279:

Cual puede ser la causa?

rehan22

where is the script?

Regards,
Rehan

benboone

jgutierrez

Now you can do it from the web interface, go to Email module, Remote SMTP and select gmail.

apmuthu

Can someone repost this script as the link is not working now.

Damian_Carter

I see the newest version has gmail accounts built in. However it doesn't work as indicated by the elastix bible :)

can I use this utility to repair the issue? I do not see a specific instruction on how to implement this script. Also I will try this on a non production box before implementing this. Again thanks in advance for your help

Amphibian

Damian_Carter,

Gmail does work in version 2.04 if you go to "remote smtp" and set it up there. The only issue I had in the beginning was the right port number (587 or 25). Once that was corrected all worked fine to this day.

amphibian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz