SCCP-B Configuration?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nic50, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Nic50

So,

I would like to move my Cisco phones (7911, 7961, 7971) to Chan_SCCP-b protocol to expand the functions and have better stability and etc, as well as add some 7921 Wireless Extensions. I have googled and searched but I can't seem to find much linking chan_sccp-b to Elastix, it seems to be all FreePBX and Trixbox.

I have Elastix 2.0 Installed, I was wondering if chan_sccp-b would work with this version? If not Elastix, which programs(just basic Asterisk?)/versions should I look at? I was hoping to use FreePBX or something similar so I would at least have a GUI for the main setup points. I will also be connecting a Cisco Aironet 1242 Access Point to the system.

I am willing to erase all information on my PBX server and start from scratch again with new programs and all if need be, seeing as I only have 10 Extensions.

Any help Appreciated!

Nic.

2. danardf

Hi.

I use sccp-b (2.0) with Elastix 2.0. and it works fine.
    I guess that sccp-b v3.0beta could working with your Cisco phones.
    I using it with the 7960 and 7940 Cisco phone.
    Be careful, the sccp.conf has changed with the 3.0 version. It's not the same config file that 2.0 version.

With the 3.0 version, you could change the sofkey. for example.

The compilation is easy.

For more information, go to the sccp-b website, and subcribe to the mailing list.
    It's very useful.

Regards

3. Nic50

Danardf,

Thanks for your reply.

I have got a lot of information from the links. However most of the installation instructions I have seen are for the original Chan_SCCP. I have used wget which as downloaded fine, but the tar commands won't work?

Do you know of anywhere that has a step-by-step guide for the SCCP-B version?

Nic.

4. danardf

Hi.

It's very simple.

For last version:
    Code:
    cd /usr/src
    wget https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/chan-sccp-b/V3/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.tar.gz
    tar xvf Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.tar.gz
    cd Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3
    ./Configure
    make
    make install

Verifiy that you have this file in :
    /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan-sccp.so

Put your parameters in /etc/asterisk/sccp.conf
    And noload the chan-skinny in this file: /etc/asterisl/modules.conf like this:
    Code:
    noload => chan_skinny.so
    Next, restart asterisk.

Add every SEP[mac].cnf.xml that you need this some devices parameters.
    Add also the file; XMLDefault.cnf.xml., and be careful at format and each parameters.

That's all.

The sccp mailling list is very helpful.

5. deltondata

I have been following the posts here to get my 7920 to work but in sccp it does not connect and in skinny says registration error any help please...

6. danardf

Hi.

What's Elastix version used?

7. GhOnDiE

hi, im using sccp v3 RC3, running no problem at all (ok had a couple of teething problems because of contexts)
    firstly, have you configured your sccp.conf file?
    with the new RC3 version you simply make a template that you can apply to all devices.

here is an excerpt from mine

Code:
    [defaultdevice](!)					; default device template					; specifies that this template is for a device, it will be inherited
    keepalive = 60						; set 0 to disable the keepalive check.
    tzoffset = 0
    transfer = on						; enable or disable the transfer capability. It does remove the transfer softkey
    park = off						; take a look to the compile howto. Park stuff is not compiled by default
    cfwdall = off						; activate the callforward stuff and softkeys
    cfwdbusy = off
    cfwdnoanswer = off
    pickupexten = on					; enable Pickup function to direct pickup an extension
    pickupcontext = from-internal					; context where direct pickup search for extensions. if not set it will be ignored.
    pickupmodeanswer = on					; on = asterisk way, the call has been answered when picked up
    							; off = call manager way, the phone who picked up the call rings the call
    dtmfmode = inband					; inband or outofband. outofband is the native cisco dtmf tone play.
    							; Some phone model does not play dtmf tones while connected (bug?), so the default is inband
    imageversion = P00308010200				; useful to upgrade old firmwares (the ones that do not load *.xml from the tftp server)
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0					; Same as general
    permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0			; This device can register only using this ip address
    dnd = on						; turn on the dnd softkey for this device. Valid values are "off", "on" (busy signal), "reject" (busy signal), "silent" (ringer = silent) or user to toggle on phone
    trustphoneip = no					; The phone has a ip address. It could be private, so if the phone is behind NAT 
    							; we don't have to trust the phone ip address, but the ip address of the connection
    nat=on							; Device NAT support (default Off)
    directrtp=on						; This option allow devices to do direct RTP sessions (default Off)								
    earlyrtp = none						; valid options: none, offhook, dial, ringout. default is none.
    							; The audio strem will be open in the progress and connected state.
    private = on						; permit the private function softkey for this device
    mwilamp = on						; Set the MWI lamp style when MWI active to on, off, wink, flash or blink
    mwioncall = off						; Set the MWI on call.
    meetme = on						; enable/disable conferencing via app_meetme (on/off)
    meetmeopts = qxd					
    softkeyset = softkeyset					; use softkeyset with name softkeyset

[7960](!,defaultdevice)
    type = device					; add to default device template and create new template named 7960
    devicetype = 7960					; device type (see below)
    park = off						; take a look to the compile howto. Park stuff is not compiled by default
    cfwdall = off

[SEP00036BE7xxxx](7960)
    description = Studio
    button = line, 4100
    button = Empty
    button = speeddial,Minster Studio, 4110, 4110@default
    button = speeddial,Nathan, 4500, 4500@default

obviously this is only a tiny part of the file that is needed, as you will need to assign all the lines for the phone and such,
    as yet i have not been able to get sccp working with the database funtion and the free pbx module available Here

but then i didnt really look into it that deeply as i needed to get the system working and hand coding the file seemed pretty simple to do

this is in use at a radio station with 10 extensions with 2 networks bridged over wifi and 2 extensions over vpn and really the cisco sccp protocol software is far superior, especially with line status and correctly functioning softkeys etc.

if you wish i can lend a hand one night, feel free to drop me a pm about it.

8. db_dave