SATA RAID 1 and Sangoma A101 installation general

MST

Hello ALL,

I would like to find out if there are any problems during installation of Elastix 1.6.0 32 or 64 bits

1. 2XSata RAID 1 hardware (Trixbox uses only software with SATA) How about Elastix?

2. Installing Sangoma Technologies Corp. A101 single-port T1/E1 - is that card seen by Elastix or manual setup is required for wanpipes, etc .... ?

I am about to install Elastix on that equipment but just curious for any problems that I may encounter.

If you can, and installed already these both please reply with your thoughts. I am asking becasue this is corporate PBX so don't have too much time for installation and setup. Normally, I would start experimenting and not bother anyone.

Thank You,

infolyseis

hello MST
I have installed elastix 1.6 with sata RAID (hardware) and work very well without no problem the last two months.
in my case the card is openvox not sangoma.

Dimitris

MST

Hello Dimitris,

I have had a chance to install Elastix 1.6 using RAID 5 with 3 SCSI drives.
There was no "manual integration" from my side. Just installation process did the job.
I have never installed any T1s on Elastix. I have a chance install Trixbox but it was not really stright forward. I have also installed TDm800p on Elastix and again - just installation process did the job .... So I am curious if installation will do the same easy job with Sangoma. I am trying to prepare myself to install Elastix with Sangoma and would like to know what problems I may encounter.

Thank You for any advices.

Cheers

dicko

1.6 should work fine for RAID either Hardware or software based just install with the "linux advanced" option and do it the old fashioned way (riules to be found on the google). Both Elastix and Sangoma claim they are compatible with each other, YMMV depending on which day you do your yum updates :) T1 and E1's are a little more complicated but if you have an absolutely standard ISDN PRI it should "just work".

MST

OK

Thank You for quick reply. I appreciate it.

have a good one !!!!!!!!!

MST

radar

MST said:
2. Installing Sangoma Technologies Corp. A101 single-port T1/E1 - is that card seen by Elastix or manual setup is required for wanpipes, etc .... ?
Hi,
I'm using Elastix 1.6 (64 bit) with A101D and all works fine.. after Elastix installation all you need is execute "setup-sangoma"

bye,
Antonio

fmvillares

exactly as dicko said ...watch out with the day elastix upgraded sangoma driver...
for instance...ootb elastix 1.6 has setup-sangoma broken for some cards and configs so...you have to use setup dahdi instead...but if you fully upgrade 1.6 after install all workd perfect...
im using only sangoma cards for its quality and only servers (hp, ibm, sun) for installs and all worked perfect with sata simple raid 1, sas raid 5, iscsi raid and fibre channel systems

best regards

MST

OK, I have succesfully installed SANGOMA CARD. SCSI RAID also went ok; however, HDD's are small and Is that possible to add extra SATA HDD and SATA controller to existing
Elastix installation? I would use it for call recordings but don't want to mess up with SCSI HDDs. If Elastix sees controller I am half way to go i think. Then somehow I need to add SATA HDD to the system.

MST

dicko

linux is linux (basically everything is a file including directories), file systems are file systems, /etc/fstab is /etc/fstab, (mounts are mounts), /var/spool/asterisk/monitor can be remounted elsewhere, /etc/amportal.conf can even make it even easier.

All are well documented

I guess my point is again RTFM :)

dicko

MST

OK I have used Webmin becasue it is much simpler. Created primary partition, Linux LVM file system, mounted on /home and have axtra 465GB additional HDD.

Thank You dicko and have a nice day to all Elastix experts !!!!!!

Regards,

MST

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen