sangoma cards

davidraw

Can so kind hearted sole please post how to install this obtuse little card on Elastix.

I am not a Linux beginner, I have been putting systems togther with databases and web servers for years. However, they never need a kernal patch.

First of all no yacc, yum install byacc wouldn't install because it didn't have a certificate. No idea what that was about. After 5 hours, I managed to get a bison tar and installed that.

Second, no sources. A google search revealed that centOS don't want you to have the sources, but if you really want them, there is a cryptic, completely incomprehensible page on how to get them.

After 13 hours, I have handed over my computer to Sangoma to see what they can do.

I know any hardware in Linux is tricky, but Sangoma are so obtuse they border on the impossible (I was told so when I bought the cards). The salesman had NEVER had anyone successfully install one! Everyone came back and bought a Digium.

I have spent £1000 ($2000!) on bits of hardware for Asterisk that simply don't work. Is VoIP just the biggest con on the planet? Digium cards' FXO ports are so noisy they are unusable in the real world, Sangoma cards are impossible to install, Siemens SIP phones are just terrible. The only things that seems to work are the ATAs.

And then you have to cope with the internet traffic breaking up or even dropping your calls... but that's another story.

Please, anyone who has managed a Sangoma install, please post how...

Thanks,

- David

davidraw

UPDATE:

1. I installed elastix 0.8 from scratch
2. I found bison tar somewhere and installed that (the one already installed doesn't do it and yum install doesn't get anything newer)

This is what the Sangoma tech did:

I have installed the driver on your system. Basically I download the
http://people.redhat.com/dledford/Infin ... 686/kernel
-devel-2.6.18-8.el5.i686.rpm and installed this rpm. Than I compile and
installed zaptel on your system. I have installed the latest stable driver
wanpipe-2.3.4-10 on the system. With wanpipe-3.1.0 you will not able to
patch the zaptel and because this is latest version of zaptel.

FYI, we usually don't install driver for customer unless they have some
special issue (lets say new kernel version come out and cant' compile the
driver). You need to have development environment in your system in order to
install the driver. Even just to compile zaptel , you will need those
kernel-headers.

By the way I have not configured this A200 card on your system. You need to
configure the card. You can follow the instruction at
http://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-asterisk-configure to configure your card.

3. Can anyone explain what he has done in easy to understand steps. (What command installs the sources?)

4. I was actually looking at people.redhat.com/dledford quite a few hours ago but couldn't make head or tail of it.

5. I am still getting some errors flying past when I do /usr/sbin/wancfg_zaptel but they fly past too quick to read. It does now report that I have 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports at least.

Seems like you need this elusive source rpm, bison-2.3 and wanpipe-2.3.4-10 (which isn't even on ftp.sangoma.com - 2.3.4-9 is though)

I haven't actually tested that the installation even works yet as it is now 1/4 to midnight and I have been on this since 10am without breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere...

- David<br><br>Post edited by: davidraw, at: 2007/06/15 01:13

davidraw

HOWTO to follow... give me a couple of hours

hetii

Hi every one who need run this card on Elstix distribution can use my Script.

Please save this file somewhere in your system and change file permission to 777 and run.

Ofcource when this script finished you must run wancft_zaptel to configured your zaptel* file or configured it manually.

Regards. http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/install-d2b2a14d2d962fcfb3e96e655417cff3.txt<br><br>Post edited by: hetii, at: 2007/06/18 13:29

dirk

I've used a sangoma card and found it to be extremely easy.

The process was not short, but the card came with one of the best installer scritps I've seen, which asked questions, explained each of the options clearly and moved on through the process until the job was done.

Sure it took a few minutes and yes I had to actually read the prompts rather than just hitting enter until the bash prompt came back, but thats a small price to pay.

I advise anyone who'll listen to use the Sangoma hardware over Digium or Rhino.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino