Sangoma A200 vs A200d VS A400 vs A400d

Discussion in 'General' started by torontob, Dec 18, 2008.

1. torontob

Hello All,

Trying to use a 3u or 4 rack server to build 24-port FXO system based on Sangoma A200 or A400 technology. I have previously dealth with up to 8-FXO ports with Sangoma A200 and there is was absolutely no noticable echo. I am wondering if it's worth the extra $300 or so to get echo cancellation? Please respond if you have dealth with lots of FXO such is in my case.

Also, other than the length of the card and the the fact that it occupies only two slots, is there any other benefit to the A400 over A200 series?

Thanks

2. vtofa

I'd go with the echo cancellation, get less complaints that way. Well worth the extra $300.

The A200 requires modular jacks, A400 is wired directly into the punch block, which is much nicer with many FXOs. If your box has room for the A400, go with it.

Tim

3. elastixguy3

Remember that you only need one echo cancellation for all of the ports, so if you have 8 you can actually divide the cost and cost/benefit is very good.

On the other hand, you can buyr and add the echo canceler afterwards if you deem necessary.

You can also ask someone who has a card with echo canceler to remove it and run some tests and than compare the results.

4. vtofa

Sangoma doesn't sell the echo canceler separately. They either sell the board (A200 or A400) with an echo canceler or without it. You can't buy it separately from them. That said, you can probably hack it together, but officially they don't sell it separately.

5. torontob

Actually, Sangoma said that they can put on the canceller afterwards but it has to be sent to them.