sangoma a101d and fax - could somebody help?

witekprytek

I can't get right with elastix fax (elastix 1.6 32 bit) over TDM using sangoma a101d card.
Faxes works only from time-to-time in a both direction.
When I try to send fax caller can connect, start sending and have transmission finished without any errors, but hylafax did not finish transmissions and fax are not visible in fax visior.
I can receive 1 on 10 sent faxes and sent 1 on about 12 sent.

Changing tx and rx gain values in chan_dachdi.conf does not improve fax performance at all.

marc.sangoma

Hi,

Try a fax through our card without hylafax and see if this works for you. So the call diagram would be as shown below. So this would be two faxes somewhere on the pstn that are sending a fax via the A101. This would work by calling the A101's number and Asterisk then bounces the fax over to FAX B. If this works then you know the card is good and the software needs some config changes and if this doesn't then this points to the card. If this looks to be a card issue please send an email directly to techdesk@sangoma.com and we will be able to help you from there.

"FAX A --> PSTN --> A101 --> Asterisk --> A101 --> PSTN --> FAX B"

witekprytek

Hi mark I will try but I have noticed, that faxes work much much better when hardware echo cancellation and hardware dtmf is set to off.
But in this scenario users reports echo on non -acceptable level.
Local Sangoma provider suggest to update wanpipe to 3.5.8 and firmware card to 3.6. I have tried to recompile wanpipe under elastix, but after recompilation of new driver my system crashes during boot-up, so I'm silently waiting for elastix developer to attach wanpipe update to the distro.

marc.sangoma

Hi,

Please enable SSH and give me a call at 1-905-474-1990 x123 and I can look into this for you.

mbit

Hi

How are you actually trying to send the fax? Through Hylafax or through an actual fax machine?

witekprytek

Mbit - I use hylafax for faxing (with IAXmodem)

Marc. - I have upgraded firmware in the card and will observe what will happen.
I can not give you any ssh access, because PBX is located at client side under very restricted access to them :-(

marc.sangoma

Hi,

If you are still having issues please call me when you have access and we will go from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr