Running out of PCI Slots for FXS/FXO Ports

Discussion in 'General' started by williajjc, May 25, 2009.

1. williajjc

Hi All

I'm putting together a small form factor elastix PC...a MSI Hetis box to be exact. Problem is this thing only has 2 PCI slots. What is the cards I can use to get the maximum out of this box. Also. Should this one fill up completely ..what can I do to expand. it seems I cant get past the 30 extension mark. Is there a cheap way to get more PCI slots?

Thanks.

2. dicko

Xorcom (an Elastix sponsor, so well supported) do some very nice usb connected hardware. as to pci and if it is SFF then it is probably also limited in what it can handle interrupt wise (I suggest you run dahdi_test -v against your existing hardware for an extended period before you invest any money in more hardware).
    If your replacing an old PBX then you might want to look at an "in-line" TDM (T/E1) connection to it (way cheaper on hardware!))

3. rafael

You may want to search for fxo/fxs gateways that would allow you to connect trunks or extensions to your Elastix box via your ip network.

Regards,

Rafael

4. fraggle4

I use an Adit 600 channel bank to do this. A fully loaded chassis can hold up to 48 fxs/fxo channels.
    This connects to asterisk via a dual PRI card.

5. ramoncio

I use Astribanks from Xorcom, and they work great using USB 2.0 connection. I have never tried channel banks, as I haven't seen many people using them, nor helping with the configuration. But I'll have a look at the Adit 600, as you report it works ok.

6. fraggle4

Ramoncio,

I have 48 fxs channels set up, but intend to change to 40fxs/8fxo to eliminate my tdm400 card.
    There isn't a lot of info around apart from some on the trixbox forum. I spent a lot of time googling but the setup is reasonably straightforward. If you need more info, let me know.

7. ramoncio

Could you send me a manual for the Adit 600? Or maybe post some links?

8. fraggle4

For the life of me I cannot see how to send a pm on this forum. If you can drop me a mail I will send you this stuff, the main manual is 15MB.