Running a lean Elastix server

yesmat

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out what are the services and features that i can disable on the Elastix 2.0 server to keep it lean.

If the customer requires basic PBX functionaillity without any fancy presence etc....any one knows what services i can remove/disable?

Example of services I think i can remove:

1- MYSQL
2- FOP
3- Operator Panel
4- Fax
5- Presence and IM
6- Web Email front end
7- CRM
8- A2Billing
9- Calling Card
and others

Any one has any ideas whether or not if I disable/remove any of the above services would that have a negative impact on the server?

More still how would disable FOP, FAX, IM, Web Mail, CRM, A2B, Calling Card.

Thanks for your support

dicko

Elastix is not designed for this paring down, don't waste your time trying to square that wheel, it purports to be an all in one messaging system.

look into AsteriskNow for a mainstream Digium distro without the trimmings or for an even smaller minimalist deployment perhaps AstLinux.

mm.alpha2k

install asterisk from scratch, and from there goes add functionality as you need. Is goodism and the best option,I will open the mind and thoughts

I opted for this option always. Some large Installations
link so you can get Asterisk, what you have to compile
http://www.asterisk.org/downloads

yesmat

mm.alpha2k

Let me make sure i got this right, what you are saying is that most of your installations including some large ones are built from scratch using source code?

Do you still install FreePBX or manually edit files etc..?

From your experience does it make much of a difference? is it better this way? and what is a large installation are we talking about 100 extensions?

any one else has any feedback from past experience on this?

thanks

fmvillares

try debian or linux from scrath and then install only asterisk package...there you have a lean 150/250 megs install with only the basics but that is not an elastix question you need to ask in the correct forums for this type of questions

yesmat

Thanks fmvillares.

fmvillares

if you want to try a real lean install buy a sheeva plug with debian for arm and then you could try to compile a micro asterisk box in a tiny 1/4 pound box

dicko

FreeSwitch is always smaller and leaner, it will run a dozen endpoints on PFSense on a Soekris with little impact and given the bandwidth (apart from Voice mail, but you can leave that elsewhere) and get a decent firewall QOS router thrown in for free.

For other ideas start with

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... ed+systems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen