Ringing on one end, silence on the other

criegel

I'm running Elastix 2.0.0 and have an issue where someone will pick up on an extension and get silence for 5 to 15 seconds before the caller is actually connected with the extension. During this time the caller continues to hear ringing, but the extension just hears silence.

This happens about 70% of the time, but 30% of the time everything just works fine.

This happens for calls between extensions and when someone tries to transfer an incoming call (POTS) to another extension. We don't make calls out via POTS and haven't seen any issues calling out via VoIP.

Any ideas?

The box is a new quad-core Athlon II with 4 GB RAM and plenty of hard drive. We never see it go above a few percent in terms of allocated processor or memory.

Thanks!

- Chris

conduitguy

I read somewhere (of course I can't remember just what or where) that Athlon based systems aren't the best choice. Mostly the problems have to do with the chipset. I'm not saying your system won't work, but when building an asterisk system with an Athlon cpu, you need to check compatability.

Good Luck

andyshawn

This might also be a network connection problem. Is the elastix server on the same LAN as the phones in question?

criegel

Yes, all of the phones and the Elastix box are part of 192.168.1.x

andyshawn

Ok, so that eliminates a couple of problems. I'm now thinking that the problem might be either a configuration issue on the IP phones or a config issue on the server, but let start with the phones.
1. What type and model IP phones are you using?
2. Have you tried using a softphone(eg. xlite) and does the same thing happen?
3. In the settings for the extensions, what is "canreinvite" set to?

criegel

1. We are using the Linksys SPA942 everywhere.

2. No, I haven't tried that. I'll give it a shot.

3. canreinvite is set to no for all extensions.

Thanks!

andyshawn

Ok then.
Let me know what the outcome is after trying the softphone. This will determine if the problem is with the SPA942's or the server.

criegel

xlite does the same thing as the phones, so it would seem to be the elastix box.

The attached file shows the CLI during a test where extension 21 called extension 22 and ext 21 continued to hear ringing for a little more than 20 seconds after ext 22 picked up. ext 22 just heard silence during this 20 second window before the call was actually connected.

Any ideas now? Thanks for the help!!! http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/...ds_of_silence_at_bottom_where_21_calls_22.txt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti