Ringing another line while on the phone

MUD

Ever since I've set up Elastix, from a move from default CentOS install with freePBX and Trixbox I dont have the use of my other lines for incoming calls when I'm on the phone.

I have the current Elastix using Linksys SPA-941.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

dicko

Check that "call waiting" is enabled for the extension (you can change the default behavior in amportal.conf)

wiseoldowl

Set up a Follow-Me for the extension... let's say it's extension 200, and if it is busy you want calls to go to 201 or 201. In the follow-me list, you simply put these extensions in order, e.g.

Set the Ring Strategy to firstnotonphone and set the Destination if no answer to Voicemail <200> (or whatever you want). Set Initial Ring Time to 0 (zero) and Ring Time to whatever you like (the length of time before calls go to voicemail, or whatever no-answer destination you select).

Now for extension 201 you'd do the same thing, except put it first in the follow-me list, e.g.:

And for extension 202:

So in every case, calls to an extension go to that extension first, then if it is busy they to the next one in the group, and so on. You can have separate voicemail boxes for each extension, or set the destination if no answer to use one primary mailbox for all extensions - that's up to you.

Note: For this to work, Call Waiting needs to be DISABLED for all extensions in the group (both in Asterisk and possibly also at the VoIP adapter or phone).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeljag_19