Ring Groups

Discussion in 'General' started by adesedas, Jan 6, 2010.

1. adesedas

I have setup a ring group and it is working fine. The problem I am having is the sequence of the rings. I need to have an aleatory ring. Right now all calls are ringing first in the first extension of the list then goes to the second extension. If there are not many calls the first call is always landing on the first extension of the list. Are there any other ringing strategy options I can use?

Thanks

2. dicko

Currently only the ones available in the "ring-strategy" drop-down box on the "Ring Group" page of unembedded FreePBX the hover-over help below:

ringall: Ring all available channels until one answers (default)
    hunt: Take turns ringing each available extension
    memoryhunt: Ring first extension in the list, then ring the 1st and 2nd extension, then ring 1st 2nd and 3rd extension in the list.... etc.
    *-prim: These modes act as described above. However, if the primary extension (first in list) is occupied, the other extensions will not be rung. If the primary is FreePBX DND, it won't be rung. If the primary is FreePBX CF unconditional, then all will be rung
    firstavailable: ring only the first available channel
    firstnotonphone: ring only the first channel which is not offhook - ignore CW

:):)

3. adesedas

I know the descriptions of each option, but none of them are aleatory. Do you know of any other method to achive this, besides these options?

Armando

4. dicko

You could write a custom strategy, asterisk includes a random() command to choose among the available lines

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Random

to randomize RINGGROUP_INDEX in [macro-dial-confirm] and add that modified macro to extensions_override_freepbx.conf

Queues are a little more stateful as to who to call and who has taken calls and add fewestcalls and leastrecent to the strategies, which is possibly closer to your needs (my guess)