Ring groups don't work..

Discussion in 'General' started by Dante78, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Dante78

Hello

The seccond issue (i guess totally differint from the one above) is that after reboot of the server, the ring groups are not working. I have to simulate a setting in the PBX > Ring Groups the i click on Submit changes button, then on Apply Configuration Changes Here and here we go, the ring grups are working and i'm able to receive calls. If I'm not doing this, the dashboard is not even register missed calls, despite the fact that IVR is answering the call.

If needed i can provide some logs...

2. Dante78

Re:ring dropping and ring group issue..

no one ? Please help. Do you have extra questions?

Please help

3. Dante78

No one? :((

4. Dante78

anyone?? :)

5. Pete_J

Hi,

I've just noticed the same problem here after we started to use queues. Didn't happend when we just had ring groups. It occurs if you restart the asterisk service or reboot the PC. To make it work again I found, as you did,:S that if you submit a change in the GUI then it all starts working again.

Please can someone help with a proper fix?

Regards,

Peter.

6. timmy65

I have the same problem ...

7. blangys

How about some more information? What version? Have you tried to delete the group and starting over?

Have you tried different source phones?

Is it the same behavior from internal extensions as it is from external lines?

What does it say when you watch the call progress in the Asterisk console? I usually get a clue from there.

Bob.

8. goodgod

It sounds related and is exactly the problem I had using follow me. I can't find the answer to the issue anywhere. Guess I'll have to setup an IVR and test that.
    remote desktop
    remote desktop connection

9. Pete_J

To answer blangys question,

In my case I'm using Elastix 1.6-12 with Cisco phones (7940's, 60's and 75's). And I have three problems: one with ring groups which lead me to start to use a new queue, and this showed my second and third problems.

Problem with Ring Groups:
    Ring Group has 4 extensions
    It is setup to Ring All
    I would like have the calls go to the voicemail of extension 208 if no answer after 25 seconds.

The problem happens if two calls are ringing at the same time as below:
    Caller one dials 600

10. baldhead

I don't have this issue, while using "ring group" only

Is the "call waiting" feature of each of the four extension in the ring group enabled ?

I don't have a clue for the queues or the MOH.

Sylvain

11. blangys

One other suggestion - spend the $65.00 for an hour of support through PaloSanto. I did it with a call center issue that was hard for me to solve. Make sure your machine is available for ssh / web remotely and let them look at it for you. They were able to log into my server, make the changes, test, and then explain to me what they did and it only used half of my 1 hour purchase. It was well worth the money to get it solved.

There are hundreds (maybe thousands?) of Elastix systems in production at all kinds of companies. There is an answer for this. Good luck!

Bob Langys
    Medlin Communications
    www.supportdocs.net

12. Pete_J

Sylvain,

I've tried having call waiting switch on for a couple of extensions but not all, when I get some down time I will try it with call waiting on for all extensions.

Does anyone know the specification for call waiting i.e. how many simultaneous calls call waiting can handle ? It is just the current call plus one waiting ort can it handle more?

Also could someone point me at any good documentation that has the specification and design notes for Asterisk or Elastix modules / scripts such as Ring Group or Queues, etc. I know I can look at the scripts but it would be nice to know what the designers wanted to achieve and how they did it.

I will bear in mind the paid for support option

13. dicko

Largely, what you are using is in fact FreePBX, for the horse's mouth try http://freepbx.org, the hover over help on most of the "headers" in Unembedded FreePBX is quite complete as self-documentation. Call waiting will just wait until the endpoint answers or the timeout occurs, no matter how many calls the endpoint can handle.

For more detailed notes on Asterisk try http://voip-info.org.

14. Pete_J

Thanks for that dicko,

You don't happen to have an idea on how many simultaneously ringing inbound callers a ring group can handle - is limited by hardware - if so I guess it should be alot?

As my main problem is with this (as described in my earlier post in this thread). Two in bound calls at once - second call will go straight to no answer destination!

Thanks,

Peter.

15. dicko

What "ring strategy" do you use? What is your "skip busy agents" setting?

16. Pete_J

Strategy is ring all, skip busy is not set.

Are agents classed by Asterisk as 'busy' if their extension is ringing?

17. dicko

No, they are busy if "off hook"

Hover-over:-

Skip Busy Agent When checked, agents who are on an occupied phone will be skipped as if the line were returning busy. This means that Call Waiting or multi-line phones will not be presented with the call and in the various hunt style ring strategies, the next agent will be attempted.

18. ashir24

like blangys said have u tried to delete the group and start over.
    please post log here while placing the call.

19. Pete_J

To continue testing I