Ring Group Problems

Discussion in 'General' started by craigw, Aug 30, 2010.

1. craigw

We are using Elastix version 1.6-12. We have two ring groups setup. One has three extensions and the other has eight. They are both setup to ring all. If no one answers within four or five rings, they both roll over to a cell phone. If no one answers the cell phone then we have it roll to the voice mail of an extensions. This works fine for the most part except when someone calls either one of the ring groups, all the extensions except one ring twice and then look like there was a missed call. The one extension does like we want it to. It rings 4 or 5 times and then rolls over to the cell phone and then back to the voice mail of an extension. My question is what can I do to get all the extensions in both ring groups to ring the full amount of times before stopping ringing?

2. craigw

I have this issue solved. The problem was in the follow me settings and in the ring group settings. In the ring group I had the ring time set at 5 seconds. I upped that to 20 seconds. In the follow me settings I had the initial ring time set for 10 seconds. I changed that to 0 seconds before it forwards to the cell phone. This has seemed to take care of it for me.