Ring Group, DISA, OR????

Amphibian

I have need for the following requirement:

Customer gives out 800 number for clients to call for a tech. When number rings it must be answered and then forwarded to a list of cell phone numbers which will be dialed til one of the cell phones answers.

Question is:

1: Use a DISA to detect the incoming call and then set up dial pattern to hunt, or,

2: Use incoming call route and send to ring group, and if so can ring group be set to dial out to a outside number instead of an extension?, or,

3: Set up custom dial plan to handle required need, and if so an idea of how I would write that custom plan?

Thanks guys
William

Amphibian

I think I may have answered it myself, maybe...

I think using a ring group and instead of using extensions just put the cell phone numbers in there, if I understood correctly EWT manual where he uses a group of extension and then a cell phone number. Should be able to replace extensions with just cell numbers, right?

Also, how would one or can one set the ring group up to play MOH or a recorded message while it is hunting?

Thanks
William

ramoncio

Hi Amphibian,

In order to use mobile phones as extensions you need to configure custom extensions like this:

local/612345678@from-internal

You can setup an inbound route that sends your clients CIDs (CallerID routing) to a ringroup, ivr, queue or whatever you prefer.

Bob

Amphibian,

Setup an afterhours ring group or support ring group (what ever name you want to call it).

In the ringgroup add the following

0412833833#
0417744777#
0418838888#
(you could add more or even real extensions if needed)

Make sure that you have CONFIRM CALLS TICKED and if you need change the RING ON HOLD to music if you wish....

Confirm calls ticked provides the following advantages
* the PBX maintains control of the call until it is truly answered which means it rings all phones and only once someone has answered does it stop ringing the phones (unless they take too long)
* the Support person has to press 1 to accept call (e.g. no false answers from Mobile Voicemail)
* THe Support person knows that it is a support call and answers appropriately.
* If no one answers the ring group can be made to go to an alternative destination e.g. another phone or voicemail

The only disadvantage (not really) is that this will never leave a voicemail on one of the mobile phones, but really this is not reliable as you don't know who got the call, and whether they are going to check their Mobile voicemail. Much easier to send it to the Elastix voicemail (e.g. a common voicemail box), where all mobiles can get email notification or the email on their phone (provding they receive email and can handle WAV files).

We use this setup a lot and works well...

Regards

Bob

Amphibian

Thanks bunches Ramoncio & Bob.

I had started setting it up as Bob suggested when he responded. It works like a champ. Sometimes you just have to ask the question by writing it out to see the answer.

Thanks again, you guys are very helpful and doing a great job. We would be lost without you.

William

ramoncio

I didn't know that XXXXXXX# trick, thanks Bob!!

Bob

Amphibian,

Thanks for the feedback...glad it helped you...Have used this for a couple of years now and most of the clients can't do with out it. They love the fact that the PBX maintains control of the call allowing them to do a variety of things if the call is not answered.

Ramoncio, no problems, useful trick...its a two way street...I have learnt a lot from you also...

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc