Ring Group and Call forward

Discussion in 'General' started by tpatsiouras, Nov 27, 2008.

1. tpatsiouras

Hello all...
    I'm from Greece and have set up an Elastix distro with FreePBX 2.4.1.2... The system is working fine... I've set up a ring group to ringall (4 phones)... Today I faced a need... Because our secretary left, I decided to forward all inbound calls to a cellphone. I put the cellphone number in ringgroup (last in order) with the hash symbol (XXXX805700#).
    The system is working with a slight problem... When i receive the (forwarded) call I see my office number and not the caller's number...
    Is there any way to change this?
    Thank you in advance..
    Theodore

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

What your asking I think it is not possible, remember that it is a two step call:
    Step 1 is the incoming call to your elastix extension which is forwarded to an external number.
    Step 2 is the outgoing call from your elastix server to the cellphone.

On the cellphone you are receiving a call from your elastix server, which is the callerid you are receiving. But, is your incoming trunk a digital trunk or PSTN line?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. itjumper

You cannot change the caller id with PSTN line. You can change the caller id with digital trunk. You will need to override the dialplan to pass the original caller id.

4. Telco

First of all we need some more information. Are you using sip trunks or Zap trunks?

5. tpatsiouras

Hello all....
    Thank you for answering my question... I'm very sorry to reply with such a delay due to some problems kept me away for about 10 days...
    To my problem now (again)...
    In Greece (and my home in particular) we/I use ISDN ... In ISDN (at least in Greece) we have CaLler IDentification (CLID). So, when someone calls me I see the number...
    For the Asterisk setup I use two (2) HFC based ISDN cards and I have CLID properly working.
    I really need to find a way to pass the CLID to the (second) forwarded call because I'm away from the office...
    If there is any idea.... :)

Thank you... Theodore