Restoring FreePbx backup?

Discussion in 'General' started by gmichaud, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gmichaud

Is it possible to restore a Freepbx 2.5 backup in Elastix 1.5??? This backup comes from a Trixbox system; I'd like to keep my trunks and extensions if possible when migrating to Elastix.

Thank you.

2. jades

Very easy
    If you are using the forked version of freepbx, just do on the trixbox SSH:
    yum remove trixbox
    yum remove tbm-pbxconfig

Then "upgrade" freepbx by using these instructions:
    http://freepbx.org/support/documentatio ... our-system

Then, update all the modules with Module Admin and Check for Updates online
    While you are doing that, install the Backup/Restore module

Backup your current data. Use winSCP to get into the trixbox to grab the backup file. It is located at /var/lib/asterisk/backups
    Get on Elastix and get on the non-embedded freepbx. Install the backup/restore module. Make a backup of what you have (only to create the "backups" folder.) Then use winSCP to place the backed up file in /var/lib/asterisk/backups and in Freepbx, click on the Tools tab and click backup/restore. Click to restore a backup and you will see your file there. Restore the entire backup set.
    Good luck

3. gmichaud

I tried that but for some reason the restore hangs in Elastix 1.5 RC1 (from the unembedded FreePbx). I did a top on the command line and the php process is taking all the CPU. The backup was done from FreePbx 2.5 (the unforked version) on my Trixbox machine. I was able to restore it properly to another FreePbx 2.5 box (non-Elastix).

Anybody ever experienced this problem?