Restore from bakup 32bit Elastix onto a 64bit

Discussion in 'General' started by tumbleweed, Apr 5, 2011.

1. tumbleweed

Hi All

We currently have Elastix (32bit) running on a PC, but have now purchased a Dell rack mounted server.

The question is. If I install Elastix 64bit on the new server, can I restore the backup config/settings (32bit) from the old server?

Thanks

2. Megabyte

Hi, i tried with no success, maybe you can download the extensions or try making test just making a database backup, and try it to restore into a virtual machines environment, but try just with database.

3. jgutierrez

I would think that is you have the same Elastix and Freepbx version on both servers, you will be able to restore a backup, no matter if it is on a 32 bit or 64 architecture.
    But if you have a different Elastix or Freepbx version, then it is very likely that you may have any issue.

4. tumbleweed

Thanks jgutierrez, I will give that a try and updte this thread. If it does´nt work I can always reinstall Elastix!

5. gabi_cavaller

How did you get on with this?

Additionally, what rack mounted server did you go for?

Thanks,

G.

6. tumbleweed

Sorry for the delay in updating this post.

It turned out the original server built for us was already on 64bit, nevertheless we still had many problems restoring. Does help if you use the same usernams and db passwords!
    Spent a lot of time getting Fop2 to work also. The asterisk password, one ending in 2oo7 needs changing as the restore ignores this.

Not sure but it may have been less complicated to just import all extensions and do the trunks, inbound/outbound routes manually. More work but less stress maybe?
    Would have thought an import facility for all above would have been standard.

The server we went for is a Dell PowerEdge R610 with Raid and Dual PSU.