responding to SIP Options Request

bunchi

How do I set up Elastix to respond to our VOIP provider's SIP OPTIONS Request? The provider's switch sends out a request every 30s and I am supposed to be able to to reply to it to keep my connection alive. I am able to make outbound calls, no problem. Inbound calls can only be made within 30s of the last activity. After that my provider marks my trunk as inactive and won't be able to receive calls. Please consider me a total noob about this as I have never worked with anything like this before. Thanks in advance!

dicko

Did you read "Elastix Without Tears" ?, if so you should be able to answer, "is your trunk successfully registered with their server ?"

bunchi

Yes i have read the document and is using it as my guide. Unfortunately i didn't see the answer to my problem in there. Help pls ..

i believe i have registered to their server because i can make calls. Outbound calls are no issue. I can't make inbound calls just after a period of inactivity. I have to be able to reply to their sip options request to keep the registration alive. This is where i'm lost. What do i do?

dicko

You don't need to be registered to make outbound calls, the user/password mechanism is enough.

from bash

rasterisk -x 'sip show registry'

will show the state of the registration.

Look very carefully at the inbound trunk settings, presumably your vendor provided, look even more carefully at the registration string they similarly and presumably provided.

Each and every vendor tend to have a specific set of needed parameters, so maybe someone here with the same vendor can help you if you post the above info and your vendor.

dicko

bunchi

thanks dicko... sip show registry shows it's registered. i'm able to make inbound calls, but only when the registration is still alive. that is within 30s of the last activity, whether it's outbound or inbound. i always use the outbound calls to bring the registration back to life, and then try making inbound calls. my provider is Terago. anyone here with the same provider? I highly doubt though since they just introduced voice services here in my area in canada. if i'll be able to respond to those SIP options requests from the provider, then my registration will be alive all the time and i will be able to take inbound calls anytime. that's my problem. thanks again!

dicko

Then might I suggest that this is there confusion, if they sell it they need to support it. Nobody can second guess them , there are just way too many variables.

good luck

dicko

rnrover

check your router, firewall, or IPtables and make sure ports 5060, 10000-20000 are open and if you use IAX on a port it is 4569 that is open.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13