Requirments for Elastix in Local Enviroment?

scott

Hi All!

Finally, I've been able to install and configure Elastix to my liking! YAY! Now I have to deploy it to the company who needs it. What should I be looking for? I know that since I'll be using the IP of the office for the PBX, but how do I make it static? I know I have to do something with externip and something about refreshing it in the sip_nat.conf file, but, I'm not sure exactly what to do? Apart from that, what else do I have to make sure that the PBX can work in a local environment?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

dicko

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "make it static", "Elastix Without Tears" in the download section is quite explicit as to how to set up various network scenaria, if you have a static IP you don't need to do any of that externip/externhost, localnet stuff.

Come to think of it I don't know what you mean by a "local environment" either :)

Perhaps you can be more explicit?

scott

Thanks for the response! Really appreciated! What I mean is that the IP of the office we're installing at is most likely going to be dynamic. Should the IP address change, the PBX would seize to work, unless I go in and manually change the IP address. How would I go about this situation is what I am asking? Thanks once again for your response! Plus, you are quite right about the static IP address, IF the IP of the office was static, I would need to do this configuration. I hope this helps!

dicko

Then I suggest,just as the book says, the best way is to set up the box as a dynamic host with the company's current DNS service, or register with a dynamic DNS service, e.g. dyndns.com, and set up the "dynamic dns client" of choice as appropriate on your router or Elastix box, you will then have a name that can always be resolved, so in sip_nat.conf:

nat=yes
externhost=your.dynamic.dns.domain
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
externrefresh=120

where externrefresh is in seconds and reflects how stable your dynamic ip address is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen