remote extension help

sbolour

I have an aastra 9133i phone connected to my server outside the local LAN, I can call other extensions etc, I can check voice mail, I can make outbound calls.

There are a few wierd things that don't work, voice mail indicator, and date and time do not traverse the net, and most strange of all, inbound calls from an outside line to not hit this phone, the call is simply dropped. If I make the destination vm or another extension on the local net, the call is routed correctly ... some port issue ? Some setting I must have missed.

Thank you.

coryjsanders

This sounds very much like a router issue. Is there a SIP Proxy setting or SIP Transparent Proxy setting on your router? What router are you using? I had an issue with an Adtran Netvanta 3430. The thing was doing funny things to the regis. I have also had issues with some standard NetGear stuff, small home wireless routers, that do not pass all the 5060 signaling. Had an issue where transferring did not work properly. Let me know what you are using.

sbolour

It is a low end very old linksys, I got some things to work but I still can't receive a call, once I set the time server correctly the time started to appear etc, but the main issue is still receiving a a call. I set my server to be in the dmz so it should be clear, but them again do you still think it is router related ? what low end router should I try, I am testing for now.

coryjsanders

Try something like a NetGear FV318 (known 25% failure rate because of bad caps) or a much better FVS338. Anything that will allow you to port forward 5060 UDP and 10000-20000 UDP. I had great luck with an old Dlink 54G or some such unit. People will tell you a router is a router is a router. But I've found it ain't so. Firmware ain't firmware ain't firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr