Remote Extension Dialin

Discussion in 'General' started by faisal, Apr 15, 2010.

1. faisal

Hi,

I have one installation where there are 50 extensions 45 on LAN and 5 on WAN.

Now I am having trouble with WAN Phones.

Phone don't register with the server but when try to make call it works perfect mean i can call all 45 phones but i can't receive calls from them.

I forwarded all nessory ports on router which has static IP.

5060-5080
    10000-20000

is there anything else i am missing which could help me to have those phones register with server.

sip show peer result shows phone not registered but i can make call from that phone.

sip_nat.conf
    nat=yes
    externhost=xxx.201.xxx.229
    localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
    externrefresh=120

anything else required ?

Thanks

2. azadato

Did you try to set DMZ for the PBX?..

i'm also new with the ELASTIX system, but as i know 5060 is for SIP port and the range 10000-20000 is for RTP, but what about the signaling port?

3. ramoncio

azadato, SIP is a signalling protocol. :huh:

faisal, there are many posts here about your issue, please use the search button.
    Read some of the threads, you will learn a lot. Enable sip debugging, check the logs and come here with more detailed information about your problems.

4. azadato

Ramonico,

5. faisal

thanks for quick response guys.

Welli have been googling and come across one post where ADSL router was the problem so i changed the router and wala problem solved :)

it was the router at WAN side which wasn't letting phones to register with the server i try to change the setting as everything is allowed but didn't worked then i changed the router to new one and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for help.

Faisal