remote extension could not receive calls

ashir24

Hi

I have been facing issue with remote extension. I am using DDNS and all the ports (required) are forwarded to the elastix server. I am able to make calls from remote extension (using PAP2T or any sip client). but never receive calls. when ever i restart the client i will recieve the first call when user picks up the call, thats it. no sound. Strange thing is when i use sipdroid on my android everything works perfect.

I give the following configuration in sip_nat.conf

nat=yes
externhost=myhost.dyndns.org
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
externrefresh=10

and then i cant make any out going calls (via any sip trunk). this is what i get in CLI.

-- Executing [s-CHANUNAVAIL@macro-dialout-trunk:3] NoOp("SIP/11-08cff760", "TRUNK Dial failed due to CHANUNAVAIL (hangupcause: 20) - failing through to other trunks") in new stack

so i commented out sip_nat.conf and gave the following under sip_general_custom.conf

bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
nat=yes
qualify=yes
context=from-internal
defaultexpirey=3600
rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=120
useragent=Elastix
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=g723
allow=g729

but no luck. i cant receive incoming on remote extensions.

Please help.

Regards

rollinsolo

relianz

hi there , i am sorry i dont have a answer to your question but i am having the opposite problem . i can make calls using my android and any other sip phone to make calls out or between them but no speech , pls help , i will send my conf file soon

Patrick_elx

can you receive a call on your extension just after having send a call to the server?

Is you extension properly registered to your server?

try with qualify=no

ashir24

patrick
yes just after the registration i can receive call. but when user pick up , thats it. no sound. and after that every time it says extension unreachable. same time user can make out going calls without any trouble. and if the remote client is restarted then again same scenario first call will ring (incoming), once answered no sound.
extensions are registered properly ( i already mentioned i can make out going calls).

i tried with qualify=no.

no luck. :(

ashir24

Hi
at last it worked for me perfect.
it was all codec issue.
if you are not hearing any speech after the call answered, i strongly recommend to test your port forwarding. you have to forward 10000 - 20000 UDP ports to your elastix server. i had the same issue during configuration and this is what i did. try it.

gud luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino