Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an

Discussion in 'General' started by coryjsanders, Oct 27, 2010.

1. coryjsanders

If anyone can help while I muddle through this. I can't add valid extensions. They show up, but I can not access them. I think the last module upgrade did something. On FreePBX I get this message when I try to Apply Configuration Changes.

(edit: I see this in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf $conn_dirs = connectdirs::create();)

Can anyone tell me what the missing argument is?

(second edit: My retrieve_conf file looks very different in 2.0 than 1.6. Is there a place where I can get a fresh retrieve_conf and replace the corrupted file?)

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

exit: 255
    Checking for PEAR DB..OK
    Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt..OK
    Checking for /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
    Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
    Parsing /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
    Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf ..OK
    Connecting to database..OK
    PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for connectdirs::create(), called in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 436 and defined in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 13
    Connecting to Asterisk manager interface..OK
    Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
    Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
    Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
    Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
    Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
    Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
    Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
    Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
    Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
    Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = elastix456
    Added to globals: AMPDBENGINE = mysql
    Added to globals: AMPDBHOST = localhost
    Added to globals: AMPDBNAME = asterisk
    Added to globals: AMPDBUSER = asteriskuser
    Added to globals: AMPDBPASS = rhino
    PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function output() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/extensions.class.php on line 303

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

2. coryjsanders

Here is the answer from Palo Santo:

The main problem was that "user fax xxxxxxxxxx /
    any CID " did not have any destination, FreePBX should prevent this issue
    if its not set, because the retrieve_conf was passing a null value to other
    script, so the retrieve_conf failed doing its job.

Please next time be sure to set destinations on all inbound routes and I
    must warn you that any update made on the FreePBX doesnt assure you that it
    is going to work with elastix.

3. trymes

That's an unsatisfying answer. Have you been using only FreePBX, or have you been using both FreePBX and Elastix PBXAdmin.

FWIW, I have never has such issues with FreePBX. Can you try to recreate the situation where you create an inbound route without a destination?

Tom

4. coryjsanders

I agree, unsatisfying. My retrieve_conf file was clearly missing much info. They loaded a new file in, then went silent for thirty minutes, then I was able to reload the config through FreePBX and life was good. Whether that was due to the orphan inbound route, I don't know. It pointed to and IAX2 extension on the top destination, but I think the bottom, nothing. Hard to say now. Have the same Inbound pointing to the IAX2 on both destinations and still can't get the fax to answer. Can't fax out with attachments, either. I create all my extensions/routes/trunks/recordings, everything in Elastix.

Only have I switched when I had some issues with MOH. Interested to know why when you put files in their proper folders for say MOH and System Recordings and change the permissions to asterisk asterisk, why they don't show up in the GUI/Elastix or Free PBX. On my 1.6 box I just dragged all my System Recordings out of my 2.0 box through WinSCP, then dragged them into 1.6 into var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom, changed all the permissions, but they don't show up in the GUI...

5. dicko

There are probably 205+ posted bugs in the bug-tracker as to how that MOH thingy got screwed up by our distro. :) basically the "Proper folders" are not proper :)

6. coryjsanders

So you can't "back load" them? Have to go in through the GUI?

7. dicko

Which GUI , the broken Elastix one or the functional FreePBX one?, that will also depend on which /etc/amportal.conf file you have (the broken one or . . . . . . .), post another bug ?

8. coryjsanders

I loaded them into 1.6 2 13.

I don't necessarily need those System Recordings from the 2.0 box to show up in my 1.6 box. I just did it in case I had to abandon 2.0 and load 1.6. I didn't want my customer to have to redo all those recordings. Could easily import them in through the Browse. But why the hell won't they just show up in the GUI if they are in the folder with all the rest of the recordings? Is there another folder that that holds pointers, that gets written to when you go in through the GUI?

9. dicko

To my knowledge, you will need to yum -y update every three minutes until that bug is fixed, sorry.

The bug is well explored in the bug-tracker, it just is not fully fixed yet . . .

10. coryjsanders

No time to swat at that bug. Thanks. I'll stick with the "front load" through the GUI if all else fails.

11. dicko

It's always quicker in bash,

cp -r <allthefilesinthewrongplace> <therightplace>

12. trymes

I don't know if you mean that you use the embedded FreePBX, but I can say for certain that you should use either embedded or unembedded, but not both, IMHO. I, myself, NEVER use the embedded modules. I fail to see the value they provide over standard unembedded FreePBX.

As for why FreePBX does not notice files in the mohmp3 directory, you need to dig under the hood of FreePBX. Basically, you enter stuff in the GUI, which stores items in the MySQL database. When you click the "reload" bar, the system regenerates all of the dialplan code and writes the files to disk. This is why changes you make to extensions.conf get ovrwritten when you reload from the GUI. Because you never told the GUI or database that those files exist, it has no way of knowing they are there.

To make them show up in the GUI, upload them via the GUI.

FreePBX is an amazing piece of software, but you need to know how it works if you are going to try and do anything but use it via the GUI. A good example is if you absolutely have to custom program something, you need to know to put them in the _custom files.

Tom

Tom

13. trymes

He's copying between servers, so oughtn't it be:

scp /path/to/filename.ext user@servername:/path/to/filename.ext

Non?

Tom

14. dicko

If between server's of course (or preferably rsync, woops, you aren't allowed to use rsync in Elastix :) )

If between the various and apparently mis-configured MOH directories on the local machine he can use cp scp or rsync, he could even use dd.

15. trymes

Isn't rsync insecure, or can you encrypt it?

Anyhow, my solution to the MOH problem is to not update as of yet and just use the proper FreePBX working module. I'll have to update at some point, though.

Tom

PS: If it wasn't obvious, I knew *YOU* knew to use scp, but for the benefit of others and the archives, I posted....

16. dicko

It's as insecure as the implementor makes it, use any shell you care to, my preference is to use ssh, rsync -e ' ssh -p <not22>' blah blah , presuming you have wisely changed your ssh port, you can use scp, telnet,rsh or even serial ports if you want, it just effectively sends the delta of the files, but that's another story.