redirect specific calls from IVR to outbound trunk

Discussion in 'General' started by faraheneh, Mar 15, 2011.

1. faraheneh

hi all,
    I have an elastix server and it's version is: 2.0.0-36. I have a cisco 3660 router as my gateway. it has two FXO modules, one is connected to PSTN and another is connected to our old Physical PBX. my SIP extensions are XX and our old PBX extensions are XXX,
    SIP clients can call PBX clients and PBX clients can access to SIP clients via calling an extension and giving proper number to IVR.
    the router redirects all PSTN calls to elastix without answering them (I'm using Plar option on my cisco router) and elastix plays an IVR with direct dial enabled.

my scenario's Achilles' heel is that the callee can dial a two digit number to access SIP clients but when he dials three digit numbers,Elastix plays "invalid.gsm". I know the reason is that the 3 digit extensions are not defined on elastix, and it assumes that the input was invalid, but I have to give this access to my clients.

I searched google and found this page:

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/us ... ment-14137
    I tried to change it for SIP calls but I failed.
    and there was this solution that said you can add those extensions to your elastix server but I think it is not a wise choice, cause there are about 300 extensions there.

is there any way to tell elastix to redirect those inbound calls to outbound trunk?

thank you for your help and sorry for the long post.

2. fmvillares

a new outbound route with xxx diaplan using only the sip fxo port in the gateway

3. faraheneh

Re:redirect specific calls from IVR to outbound tr

thanks for your answer but I think I don't understand it very well... :( I already have an outbound route, using the FXO port on the gateway (router) as you said... and based on what I have found out -not quite sure, please correct me if I'm wrong- elastix doesn't check the dial patterns when it's dealing with IVR, it only checks the number of extensions which re defined on it...

thanks for your concern,

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:redirect specific calls from IVR to outbound tr

elastix does ercognize the dial plan when dialling outside not in an ivr!!!!

5. faraheneh

so there is no way? :( can I change the dial function of IVR?

p.s. it's our new year's holiday and I may go on a trip, so I might read your answer after a week or so, please don't think that I have abandoned the post or I don't show respect to your effort and the time you take to answer my question.

thank you very much

6. fmvillares

u need to explain better the question as i dont get it completely...i will be patient as i see we dont understand eachother in this matter

7. faraheneh

hi,
    (holidays are finally over)
    I'll try to explain myself better, hope it helps...

I have an IVR on my elastix server and direct dial is enabled on it. we have two kind of extensions in our company, SIP extensions(on Elastix server) and our Physical PBX' extensions. SIP extensions have two digits and PBX ones have three digits. my FXO module is connected to our physical PBX and an outbound route, handles three digit extensions.

when a costumer calls, Elastix picks up the phone and plays the IVR, then he can dial the numbers given in the IVR or use direct dialing for SIP extensions.
    the main problem is, when he dials a three digit extension -which is on the physical PBX- elastix plays "invalid.gsm" cause in it's address book, there is not such an extension.
    my costumers need access to those extensions and I don't know how to tell elastix to use an outbound route when IVR recieves three digit extensions.

is there any way to do this?

-I tried to make myself clear but if you think I have failed please tell me-
    thank you

8. faraheneh

sorry, it seems my post was duplicated... it doesn't have the delete option so I just edited it....

9. luis980

Re: Re:redirect specific calls from IVR to outbound trunk

faraheneh

I have exactly the same Problem. Do you found a solution? Can you share it?

Thanks