redirect fax to extension

gerapcik

hi all,

i have 3 fxo lines, and one of them is dedicated for fax only.
fax is connected trhough Cisco SPA2102.
how can i configure it to make it working?
i need some guidelines.

is it possible that every incoming fax will be routed to fax machine, but for outgoing calls i will have possibilty to use fax line if other 2 are busy?

thanks in advance!

gerard

dicko

On the "General Settings" page there are some settings as how to handle incoming faxes, they should be pretty self explanatory. Elastix Without Tears will explain how to set up your analog trunks with the from-zaptel context.

dicko

gerapcik

thanks for reply.
in general settings i can set if to detect a fax.
but what i need is that everyincaomming call on fxo3 is a fax and it has to route to extension 3001 (that is fax machine).

where can i set it up?

gerard

dicko

I thought I was quite explicit.

If my first solution didn't work for you, then try the second, just set up the pseudo DID's following the instructions in "Elastix Without Tears" specifically the dahdi setup of the from-zaptel context for DID less analog trunks, You then set up an "Inbound Route" to send that DID to extension 3001, that's all folks!.

Honestly, it helps to actually read "Elastix Without Tears" and searching the fora here first would not be a waste of time for you either.

dicko

gerapcik

Hi,

in unbedded freebbx i try to add ZAP channel DID.
i enter:
channel: 3 (that is fxo nr3)
descrption: FAX 0828350238
DID: 0828350238

but when i submit changes i see no difference. i am not sure if it is added.

i tried to follow instructions form elastix without tears, but i have no idea what could go wrong.
and i dont know where to set up dahdi options for this line.

all i need is to route every call on 0828350238 number to extension 3001, and then almost everything is done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13