Redfone foneBRIDGE Module

Redfone

Redfone is evaluating the possibility along with our friends at Palosanto of improving on the existing Elastix Redfone module or developing a new one and would like to poll the community for its feedback.
Our goal is to provide a simple one-stop GUI module that will cover everything; No command line tasks or manual editing of files which seems to be the status quo for integrating any TDM hardware into Elastix.

So, our must have module scope at this point is the following; Please add your suggestions, keeping in mind that we are only talking about the configuration interface for the foneBRIDGE, not actually changing functionality of the hardware itself.

1.) Top level. Selection of type of line; T1 or E1 with standard setups to cover the most common implementations. Ex; T1 PRI is typically ESF, B8ZS, NI2 switch type.
2.) Line type; PRI or CAS/RBS, MFC/R2.
3.) Switchtype; national, ni2, euroisdn, 5ess, and all others supported by Elastix.
4.) If R2, then R2 variant type; Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc.
5.) Dahdi Groups definitions; group=0, group=1.
6.) Basic diags, line queries; PRI status, YEL/RED/OK Alarm conditions. fonebridge query.
7.) fonebridge IP address change facility.
8.) ...your suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your input.

-Mark

dicko

I suggest that the ethernet physical layer be investigated for possible congestion or other arp replies as I have had problems with "clever" switching infrastuctures in the past, when the redfone just disappears due to "clever switches" aging out the redfone, especially when in a HA scenario. (my fault, I should have listened to you guys!), I think that to identify which fb you are currently talking to will be helpful

dicko

fmvillares

Re: Re:Redfone foneBRIDGE Module

excellent idea as a redfone fan take me in account to test...also it would be great a grahpical front end to change from master fb1 to slave fb2 on the same system or via heart beat

Redfone

Cool. So maybe some kind of keepalive operation that ensures the switch does not "forget" about the MAC address of the FB? Like you said, we will have to investigate the phy or most likely the L2 area of Eth switching to see if we can come up with some kind of mechanism to alleviate this problem. If you could reference a URL that describes this type of behavior on the switch that would be a big help.

Identifying which FB you are currently talking to should be simple enough. Adding that one to the shopping list.

thanks again for the feedback.
-Mark

Redfone

Regarding Fernando's request.
Add the ability to manually fell over from one fonebridge to another via the GUI.
Did I understand correctly?

Thanks!
-Mark

fmvillares

not from one fonebridge to another...from the fb1 interface to the other...as in manual config to change interfaces...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc