recovering freepbx password

Discussion in 'General' started by pinguim007, Jan 17, 2011.

1. pinguim007

helo folks,

I have forgotten my free pbx admin password, Do somebody known if is possible to reenew the password of admin?

please help me.

2. hgeorge123

Hi, I'm not very good with English but here are the steps to change the key FreePBX

Edit / etc / amportal.conf
    Open
    AuthType = DATABASE change the bottom line
    AuthType = NONE
    Restart asterisk with the command RESTART AMPORTAL
    GO WITHOUT A KEY WILL OPEN FREEPBX
    GO TO ADMINISTRATOR AND CHANGE PASSWORD
    Then place the value is in the line below
    AuthType=DATABASE

Now if the password you want to change is the web elastix is as follows in 1.6 in 2.0 elastix I have not tested yet

/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/www/db/acl.db "UPDATE acl_user SET md5_password = '`echo -n palosanto|md5sum|cut -d ' -f 1`' WHERE name = 'admin'"

With this command to reset the user admin default password is rosewood

3. pinguim007

hello George,

I am going to try and later I tell you if its works.

thanks

4. hgeorge123

Hello in the file /etc/amportal.conf is that value as well as me questioning your what you have to change as I said before you go into your FreePBX and not going to ask you enter key after the key change and replace the variable default

5. dicko

As a supplement to my original "imanidiotandforgotmypassword" one liner post for the Elastix sqlite3 password reset, For FreePBX' mysql entrenched password reset, I offer this one liner from bash for Elastix 2.0?:-

Code:
    mysql -u root -p`grep mysqlrootpwd /etc/elastix.conf|cut -d '=' -f 2`  -D asterisk -e "update  ampusers set password_sha1 = '`echo -n imanidiotandforgotmypassword|sha1sum`' where username = 'admin'"

and for Elastix 1.?

Code:
    mysql -u root -peLaStIx.2oo7  -D asterisk -e "update  ampusers set password_sha1 = '`echo -n imanidiotandforgotmypassword|sha1sum`' where username = 'admin'"

of course please edit the line to suit :)