Recordings tab now showing in FreePBX

Discussion in 'General' started by moyses, Nov 5, 2007.

1. moyses

After installing Elastix .9 beta the freepbx tab named "recordings" is not showing in the Unembedded freePBX link.

In the console if I do an
    amportal stop
    amportal start

The console sent a message indicating that the

/var/www/html/recordings
    /var/www/html/_asterisk

does not exist,

How can I correct this error?

Thank you very much for your help.

2. lek

lek Guest

ARI is not included in Elastix because the format of the fields stored in the database is not compatible with the Elastix reports.

The Elastix reports will do the same job as ARI.

3. moyses

Thank you very much for your reply Edgar!

What would happen for example with the voicemail, Follow Me or VmX Locater functionality that is accesed/configured through ari?

Best Regards congrats for the great job

4. adminad

Moyses,

I'm going to ckeck ARI again to see if we can include this functionality (voicemail, Follow Me or VmX).

5. Telco

the other features that you mentioned voicemail, Follow Me or VmX worked fine for us in version 0.8.5

I was my boss just informed me that we have to go back to 8.5 because of this. Sorry guys. .9 is not an option for us with out this feature. It is too bad it was removed.

I am continuing testing on the .9 myself.

Is there any way to install it anyways?

6. cowboy47

Why not just put ARI back? It worked fine before.

7. Telco

I manually installed it and it is working fine. I wish it would be put back in.

8. cowboy47

How did you manually install it?

C

9. lek

lek Guest

ARI can be restored reinstalling freepbx. Download the sources from the freepbx site and run the 'install_amp' program.

Of course, this is not a supported process :) but, at least it seems to be working for some people.

10. Telco

What I did was this.

I downloaded the stable version of ARI from the website.

http://www.littlejohnconsulting.com/ari

I used webmin to put it in the folder and extract the file. Then copied the file to the right locatation as discribed on the website and below. BOOM... It works.

Install :

* Navigate to /var/www/html/
    * Create the directory "recordings" (/var/www/html/recordings/)
    If the directory already exists, delete any old contents of this directory
    * Copy the files to this directory
    In /etc/asterisk/manager.conf, make sure that the permit line includes 127.0.0.1 if the web server is installed on the same machine or the remote computers that you would like ARI to work with. This will allow PHP to talk to the asterisk database, otherwise you will get an error message "Asterisk Manager Connection" Error.

Configuration :

* Navigate to /var/www/html/recordings/includes
    * Open the file main.conf.php
    * To use AMP for database authentication set the AMP files indicated to the proper settings
    * To use ARI standalone for database authentication set $standalone['use']=true and set the user name and password
    * If you wish to only use the call monitor portion set $ari_no_login=1
    ARI's call monitor default setting is to allow only viewing of calls of the extension that logged in to the website
    o If you wish for certain extensions to view all calls in the call monitor, set $callmonitor_admin_mailboxes equal to a comma delimited list of the extensions
    o If you wish for all users to view all calls in the call monitor, set $callmonitor_admin_mailboxes to "all"

Telco

11. Telco

Oh the only thing that does not seem to be working perfectly is the record a call feature. sometimes it records other times it does not. sometimes it will play a recorded call other times it does not.

At least I can have my ppl adjust their vm settings now. As they used to.

12. cowboy47

OK, in the spirit of not trying to reinvent the wheel, I just upgraded my box and the recordings tab shows up in the unembedded version of freepbx. However, it does not recognize any extensions or passwords.

Ideas? Suggestions?

C

13. Telco

Hmmmm. Did you do a upgrade like Edgar said? OR did you do what I did? I did not upgrade like Edgar. I have done this on two 0.9.0-14 systems now and they both work. Well... with out the recording part. So I am not really sure what to do on your part. Try a clean install (if you can) with a 0.9.0-14 distro. Do all the freepbx updates then just add the recording part as discribed in http://www.littlejohnconsulting.com/ari .

That is what I did on both systems. (clean install)