Recordings / Daily Flight Information Recording

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffik, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jeffik

Hi All.
    I am running a call center for an airline. One of the functions we have here is daily flight information recording in a scenario where a customer calls a predefined number they are presented with a greeting and then the IVR guides to call to specific flighs in directions (ie. For flights From A to B press 1, For flights from B to A press 2) of origin and destination. Then they hit a recording (updated daily) with flight status and time of departure/arrival. My question is, do you know of any available solution so that this can be recorded and rerecorded seamlessly from a telephone set or maybe a web interface to a specific and predefined recording without the need to change the configuration on Asterisk each and every day after the recording was made.

I must stress that this is quite urgent for me so your prompt input will be highly appreciated.

Sorry for double post, it's also in modules>> call centre

2. dicko

jeffik:
    It's actually builtin already in FreePBX
    (Using in my case 2.5.1.1, updated with the module admin module)

after you make a system recording you have the option to "Link to Feature Code" perhap *296 (auto allocated) dialling that code (or uploading from the web interface) allows you to record/edit the recording.

Further you have the option to string many system recordings recording together so maybe:

play "Impact Airline flight 62" (generic and always played)
    play "is on time" (from the library that also included "cancelled" , "delayed 30 minutes" etc.) or the daily customized recording.
    finally
    play,
    "If you need more information please call xxxxxx"

(only the variable recordings need the function code of course)
    Where we prompt enough? ;)

3. jeffik

thank you very much for the pointer I did not know that new version had this functionality I was still using 2.4. And that was fast.

BTW, do you know anything about the call center module?

Thank you,
    Jeffik

4. dicko

a little

5. jeffik

Another question if i may, i upgraded and restarted now i see my extensions but there is no data in elastix, i'ts in unembed freepbx. I re added the configuration in elastix but it's still blank.

6. Redfone

This sounds like a great job for a custom Asterisk AGI that can query a database back-end with your flight scheduling and automate this whole process so you don't have to re-record your routes, times, delays, etc every day....of course if the customer maintains this data base.

It could even work with all of the essential sounds pre-recorded that would be brought up based on user input. Your airports, times, etc, could be pre-recorded and then played back based on db query results.

Good luck!

-Redfone Communications

7. ElasMex

Hello Redfone

Do you have an example of what to say?

Greetings

8. Redfone

I don't know the script for Jeff's particular airline but based on the ones I've flown with you might expect something like this;

"Flight Number 'Number', Departing 'Departure City' arriving at 'Arrival City' is scheduled for departure at 'time of day', 'date'"

"Flight Number '902', Departing 'Miami International' arriving at 'Dallas Fort Worth' is scheduled for departure at '12:05', 'Wednesday, February 25th'

All information in single quotes would be provided by the DB query results.
    The VoiceMailMain app in Asterisk does most of this with time and date stamps if you want an example of how this could work.

9. Redfone

I bet the Elastix/PaloSanto guys could put something like this together for Jeff in no time.

10. jeffik

Jacko, do you have a suggestion how to fix the broken link between elastix and freepbx? (the problem where the extension data shows up in unembeded free pbx but not in elastix)

11. jeffik

Jacko, reread your post about broken systems. You are right and I will go back and find a solution. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

12. dicko

deffick:
    your welcome :p

13. wiseoldowl

If you need specific phrases that are not available in Asterisk's sound library you can always get Allison to record them for you (for a fee), or, you can install the Cepstral Text-To-Speech software (see How-Tos and Tutorials on Other Sites and use your browser's "find in page" feature to search that page for "Cepstral" ) and buy the Allison voice, and generate whatever phrases you need on the fly (no pun intended).

14. wiseoldowl

15. jeffik

Wiseoldowl and Jacko, thanks for the link that fixed it.

I would never have figured that out.