Recorded calls - seperation / tagging ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Mathiau

Our sister company next door has asked if we can record calls on their extensions.

This is easy enough, but the problem comes in that we ourselves record support calls, and so if they record, there is no real way to seperate their recorded calls from our recorded calls

Is there a way to tag recorded calls with say the phones extension or something

2. dicko

You can do anything you want with the calls by running a scripts you write and set as the "run after record" in general settings.

(plenty of previous posts on this subject here)

dicko

3. Mathiau

Did not know that, so wouldn't of know to look for previous posts :D

but now i know, so i can look into writing scripts, not that i have ever written one before!But a first for everything i guess.

4. dicko

:) :)

I'm sure though that you soon will!

the files in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor largely have the endpoint (extension or group), the time and date the uniqueid embedded in the name and the intrinsic codec used to record them. The hover over help will get you started as to how to use the "variables"

dicko

5. Mathiau

i dont mind, i always love diving into to new things to try out and now that we have a 2nd server i can work with, i dont have to worry about taking down our main phone systems..lol

6. dicko

A cheap and cheerful way to sync your backup server to your production server preparatory to "testing" your script.

set up ssh keys between the main and backup machines

then from the backup (replace 22 with the port you use for ssh (it should NOT be 22 :) ):-

#!/bin/bash
    service hylafax stop
    service asterisk stop
    service mysqld stop
    service httpd stop

rsync -av --progress --delete -e 'ssh -p 22' <working server>:/var/www/ /var/www/
    rsync -av --progress --delete -e 'ssh -p 22' <working server>:/var/lib/mysql/ /var/lib/mysql/
    rsync -av --progress --delete -e 'ssh -p 22' <working server>:/var/spool/hylafax/ /var/spool/hylafax/

service mysqld start
    service hylafax start
    service asterisk start
    service httpd start

rsync -av --progress --delete -e 'ssh -p 22' <working server>:/tftpboot/ /tftpboot/
    rsync -av --progress --delete -e 'ssh -p 22' <working server>:/var/spool/asterisk/ /var/spool/asterisk/

------------------------------------

7. Mathiau

I had forgotten all about this topic so back it came up.

you had said recorded calls are tagged with ext and such.

this is one recordings name

g5015-20100909-134521-1284061521.23481.wav

5015 is the extension i assume

g being incoming call to ext 5015

OUT5023-20100909-133833-1284061113.23470.wav

OUT being an outgoing call from 5023