recompiling asterisk causing broken inbound calls

genericname1

Hi I'm trying to recompile asterisk with some changes I need, problem I have is I cannot get any compiled asterisk to accept inbound calls even if I simply use the source untouched. Problem is recompiled ones break something to do with the dialplan. If I revert asterisk to the precompiled rpm version from elastix, it works again straight away.

This is what I am doing, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or if there is a problem here? The newly compiled asterisk works for everything I can see except it will not route inbound calls due to this error in logs;

pbx.c: Channel 'IAX2/myintrunk-9876' sent into invalid extension 'return' in context 'from-did-direct', but no invalid handler

* downloading and installing asterisk srpm as per my asterisk version from the elastix repository
* cd into extracted /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/asterisk-version then configure; make; make install; without any changes to asterisk source - goes without error
* restart amportal, and therefore asterisk
* now inbound calls broken with above error, if I revert to yum version of asterisk it works again

I even made sure I applied all the relavent elastix patches to asterisk from the source folder but makes no difference. It seems I cannot get elastix to work with any recompilation of astrisk nomatter what I do. I can confirm that the same method works fine on my other non-elastix asterisk box (which is trixbox).

I'm using elastix 1.6-14. Would greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me how they have successfully recompiled asterisk under elastix.

genericname1

ok in answer to my own question, I managed to get it to compile and work fine as long as I actually use the spec file to create an rpm with 'rpmbuild -bb specfile'. Now inbound works fine and I have a nice rpm with my gnudialer patches!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen