Recomended Fax solution for 2.0.x

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee Sharp, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Lee Sharp

I am quite new to Elastix, but not to Linux, and many other FOSS projects. I have found that the best way to learn is to read a lot, and help as much as you can. So while I have been configuring my first box, I have been reading a lot, and bumping my post count with helpful advice where I can... :) In all that, I have been following the fax threads closely, as I know that was coming.

Well, it is here... First, all of the online recipes are for Elastix 1.6, and 2.0 is a new animal. I am also finding that a lot of things in 2.0 have changed, or been removed, or just flat do not work at all, out of the box. (CRM for example... I mean wow... Just wow...) Second, there seem to be 4 accepted methods of getting fax working; Elastix, FreePBX unembedded, Digium, or an ATA and a fax machine.

So what is the "right" way? I want something very standard. Something easy to rebuild for a bare metal reinstall. And something that can survive upgrades without black magic. Advice? Thoughts? Comments on the drinking habits of the people designing 2.0? ;) Comments on my drinking habits deploying 2.0? :woohoo: