Recall unanswered transfer to mobile

glennbtn

Hi All

I have a ring group setup that calls all the office phones when our 0845 number is dialled. If the call is not answered, the call goes to a mobile.

what I would like to do if it the call is not answered in say 15 seconds (before mobile voice mail cuts in) it recalls the call and transfers it to an extensions voice mail.

Can tis be done with Elastix and if so how do I go about setting it up.

Many thanks

Glenn

Bob

Glenn,

One of the quickest ways is to setup an additional ring group. In that ring group, add the mobile number with a # at the end of the mobile number. You then chain this ring group onto the end of your normal office ring group

On your new ring group select the length of time you want the ring group to ring for, and then the action if the call is not answered (e.g. go to voicemail).

It works and is used regularly for this type of setup.

Now having said that, in the Ring Group is a function called Confirm Calls. You should use this. Trying to guess when a mobile is going to voicemail is haphazard and can range depending on carrier, connect delays and other areas which cause time differences. By clicking on confirm calls, the person on the mobile receiving the call is asked to press 1 to accept the call. What this means is that at all times, Asterisk is maintaining control of the call, unless that person pressed 1 on their phone. It is also useful as the person taking the call knows that it is a redirected call from the office or where ever.

Whilst Freepbx is great, and it has made it easy to configure Asterisk, it has the issue of pigeon holing routines with names. Just because it has the name ring group, it can be used for purposes other than Ring Groups (the way they are normally defined anyhow)....

Hope this helps....

Bob

glennbtn

That's fantastic

Thanks Bob

Bob

Glenn,

Glad it has helped.....

I think it is time for me to get more involved in the forums again! :cheer:

Regards

Bob

Members online