Realtek 8101E drivers not found

Discussion in 'General' started by yesmat, Mar 16, 2009.

1. yesmat

Hi All,

We are moving away from TB into Elastix after long time of use.

Our first install was on a Atom based Mother board with built-in Realtek 8101E 10/100 network card.

It seems that the drivers for this particular card are not present and hence the network interface is not recognised.

Has anyone seen this problem before? i know that we can install drivers after install, but is there an easier way to do this especially since we prefer to use this kind of mother board in the future.

Thanks

2. danardf

Hi yesmat.

I had the same problème with a different card realtek.
    I solved the problem by putting a current ethernet card , and I downloaded the driver from the realtek web site. (It's so easy).

Or if you can download the driver into USB Key, and put this file into your server, it's the same thing.

After, read the README file, and follow the instruction.

3. yesmat

This seems to be a common problem with the Realtek cards on the Atom MBs. i will download the driver on a different machine, copy to a CD and then copy across to this one. But I am thinking if we are going to use these MBs quite a lot there has to be another easier way.
    Thanks

4. Chilling_Silence

Not really ...

If you're going to use them a lot, then do an image of the HDD with SelfImage once you've got the driver installed & working -- Works for me :)

I have the same motherboard, its really not *that* much of a hassle when you've done it more than twice.

5. dicko

Chilling silence has your solution, an image of a working box,

And if your not a Windowbox person, or want self supported imaging/restore, look into

mondoarchive available at

http://www.mondorescue.org

with which can build a boot-able, clone-able restore image on a $30 usb-stick plugged into the atom box. You can even run it as cron job every third Sunday morning, if you're lazy like me!

6. Chilling_Silence

Nice, THAT sounds like something I could do with :D