Re:IAX trunk quality issue

Discussion in 'General' started by haywoodcox, Aug 13, 2010.

1. haywoodcox

Thanks Dicko, I though DAHDI is only for the T1/E1 or Analog interface? I have a T1 card without hardware and software canceller. I just run dahdi_test -vv,

--- Results after 98 passes ---
    Best: 100.000 -- Worst: 99.996 -- Average: 99.998668, Difference: 99.998674

So I think it is normal right?

2. dicko

Asterisk needs a timer for conferences, MOH, IAX2 trunking, (maybe more) as yet in Elastix you need dahdi, the end you posted looks close to perfect (nice build, well done!), how about the other ends?

3. haywoodcox

Hi Dicko,

But how could I run the test in my Asterisk 1.2 box?

4. dicko

dadhdi_test was called zttest before digium changed the name from zaptel to dahdi.

5. haywoodcox

Hi Dicko,

There is no zttest in my Asterisk 1.2 box, it seems it not support for Asterisk 1.2?

Haywood

6. dicko

Asterik 1.2 if built with zaptel (and without doubt that was possible and quite the norm, I have a couple of old legacy PBX voicemail systems that still use 1.2, ( who was the incompetent that built these beasts anyway? ), in those days, as now and for the same reason, without a timer the MOH and conference still didn't work worth a s^*t. ) you will have in /sbin

ztcfg
    zt_registration
    ztspeed
    zttool
    ztmonitor
    ztscan
    zttest

if they are not there then I am afraid you will have to build it (zaptel) if you want to use iax2 trunking, this is not trivial, you might as well bring the 1.2 systems up to date, it will be probably be quicker.

sorry.

dicko