random delays when attempting to dial

Discussion in 'General' started by e.poulogiannis, Sep 9, 2010.

1. e.poulogiannis

Hi all,

For the past week i've been experiencing a strange behavior. It appears as for some reason asterisk delays to place a call. This is random and does not happen all the time

In detail i've done these tests.

I'm pinging the PBX from my workstation and while i can see no latency between the pings, I can see a significant delay in the asterisk console until the dialplan starts executing.

This happens both ways, even when calling from outside.

At first i thought that this problem is relevant to the LAN but then i noticed the following.

Our Asterisk is connected to another PBX via a PRI interface. There are certain number that are redirected from the PSTN to the other PBX through that PRI interface.

What's weird is that the delay happens even in situations like that. Meaning:

1. A call is atempted to be placed to such a number
    2. Almost immediately i can see the dialplan starting to execute.
    3. For some reason there is a delay until the dialplan goes and dials the appropriate number to the other PRI span.

Any ideas would be appreciated

2. sababa

I am getting a similar issue.

I get a delay on certain numbers, I've contacted my ITSP and they say the route is good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much

3. e.poulogiannis

Hi. Actually I am getting delays even on internal numbers. I believe it's a matter of the AstDB but i'm not sure yet