random channel usage

fricci

I have a system running asterik 1.4 (elastix 1.6) and 8 E1 ports. We are generating calls to the network using call files. It works perfectly, but the only problem is the fact that asterisk will use/take the first available channels.

We trigger the calls every 60 seconds, and our issue is that we never use the high channels as we always grab the first available. The carrier is complaining as we are causing some heavy usage on the first 4 E1...

Can we tell asterisk to dial, or take the channels sequentially? or randomly? I'm not sure if I explain myself correctly.

Thanks community.

dicko

Create a dadhi group called r0 or R0 and use it instead of g0 or G0,

G and g are terminal "huntgroups"
r and R are circular "huntgroups"

ref:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... P+channels

But if in fact your provider is "complaining" about that tell them to take a chill pill because 99.9% of PBX's out there do the terminal HG thing and PRI's really don't give a FF, and nor should a "real" provider it makes absolutely no difference to them, ISDN B channels are just different "time-slots" in the T1 you buy from them, it is almost impossible to congest them.

dicko

fricci

Thanks so much Dicko! This is what I was looking for.

This is my problem, perhaps somebody can give me some ideas on what to look for

dicko

When you move, (and I assume you have taken that age-old advice ) the call files into the outgoing directory, there can be a problem with concurrency especially with 240 odd channels, I suggest you "touch" them with a random time in the near future before you do the move. Asterisk is VERY aggressive in grabbing those files, maybe too much so. If the carrier has a lame ass problem in "clearing them down" then my r0 suggestion will probably help also.

fricci

By that you mean use different times on the file creation to avoid an instant grabbing of the whole lot of files? I agree, Asterisk is quite aggressive....it's almost instant the call generation......I'll be doing the changes in a couple of hours...I'll post back the results..

thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti