quick question (forward specific number?)

Discussion in 'General' started by scristopher, Nov 16, 2010.

1. scristopher

I do apologise as I may be google searching the wrong context, but I am unsure the terms in which I need to use.

What I need to do is have the ability to forward a specific number to an external number.
    say when caller from 330-665-6698 calls my DID i need it to forward to my cell phone or a different number but only for 330-665-6698.

Is this possible?

Thank you

2. Bob

Bob

scristopher,

Relatively simple one to do....

This is done on the inbound route....you have the ability to enter a CID along with a DID....this means only when these two conditions are met, will it treat this as the inbound route and you can then send it to a miscellaneous destination or a ring group with your mobile number in it.

You will still have a Inbound route for that DID (and a blank CID) and this will mean all other calls will go through this inbound route.

It works the same for Any DID/Any CID routes as well, just add another with ANY DID/330-665-6698 and this will be a route for any calls coming in on any DID, with a CLID of 330-665-6698...

Just remember, to get the CLID format correct, you can check this by checking the Asterisk logs to see what it receives as the CLID....

Hope this helps

Bob