QUEUES question

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisxstyles, Sep 23, 2009.

1. chrisxstyles

Currently when someone dials a queue in Elastix, it just keeps going round-robin.

Here's the scenario:

Let's say someone in the queue happens to go away or uses the bathroom. Is there a way to not ring that phone again the second time around until he comes back. Is there a feature in Elastix that does that?

We are currently using an old Telrad PBX and there is a "Wrap" button on the phone. When there's a call in the queue and someone doesn't pick up the phone, the "Wrap" button comes on so future calls in the queue will not ring the phone unless the user comes back and pushes the "Wrap" button to bring him back in the queue.

I'm looking for a similar feature in Elastix. Can someone tell me if it's there and I'm not seeing it? I'd be grateful! Thanks...

2. dicko

Perhaps

agentcallbacklogin

might work for you, (it doesn't play nice with Elastix Call-Center however)

3. chrisxstyles

Hi Dicko:

Looking into your suggestion, I also ran into the 'PauseQueueMember' & 'UnpauseQueueMember' function. Do you think this will work well? And can you point me to the correct file which I can start playing with it? Thank you!

4. dicko

I don't see why not, either a custom-context or perhaps more elegantly add a "feature" or two (in call DTMF codes) to /etc/asterisk/features.conf in the [aplicationmap] section and use them to call those apps (while they are logged on). (need to read a little here voip.info.org is your friend)