Queue Recordings

centritech

I have queue recording turned on and it seems to be recording the calls. However, when I login using either the Elastix module or the ARI I don't see the recorded calls relevant to that extension. How can I listen to these calls using the ARI or the Elastix interface.

Thank you
Scott Brown
Centritech Communications Systems
www.centritech.net

dwells

calls are recorded in to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
Simple way is to use WinSCP and download them. (or an ftp client of your choosing)

centritech

How do I determine which extension is goes to? I don't see anything in the file name of the queue recordings like there is with the non queue recordings. The file only indicates which queue and a time stamp.

dwells

I think when you are doing a general recording from the call queue (let say you have many receiving thousands of these, it only puts what queue ita came from.

If you want extensions to be identified, record = always IN/OUT from their account settings, and turn off general queue recording. Then you get something like
"OUT1000-20091002-124820-1254502100.8189.wav" as a file name. Where "OUT1000-... was my extension 1000 outbound!

centritech

Does record = always still record incoming queue calls even if the call recording setting in queues is turned off? Outbound recording is not my issue. The issue is being able to identify the incoming queue calls to the extension that answered the call.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Scott

dwells

Well because of the several different places you can actually start or override recording settings, I haven't concentrated my efforts on when and why they all record, but some settings don't affect others as their are a part of thier own modules, I beleive.

What I'm saying is, conference and queue recording are handled a little different and should not affect other user level settings.

Best way to find out fast is to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr