Queue multiple buttons or dispatch calls by hand

Discussion in 'General' started by zaritronic, Aug 21, 2009.

1. zaritronic

I have a setup such that all incoming calls will first go through a welcome message then
    they will go in a queue, the intention being to let an operator managing the FOP window
    to manually dispatching the call.

The operator can perform the dispatch operation by dragging & dropping the call from the
    queue onto the target extension as long as there is only one call in the queue.
    When more calls are in the queue, the drag & drop manipulation does not achieve the intended
    objective + it kills all calls in that queue.

Is it possible for each queue to have as many slots (i.e. FOP buttons) as the max number
    of calls in the queue, sort of like the way the parking lots function works?

Or, approaching the solution from a different point-of-view, how may I achieve programmatically
    to park the call onto the first available parking slot?
    Once the call is in its own slot of the parking lot, the operator would have no trouble
    performing the intended drag & drop manipulation selectively on each call.

Or maybe somebody has found other solutions to this problem?
    Thanks,
    Aron

2. zaritronic

OK, I've found a satisfactory solution to my own question applying the following steps:

1) define as many queues as the total number of trunks where calls to
    be manually dispatched will come from, then assign them meaningful names, like
    for instance "Incoming Call 1", "Incoming Call 2", "Incoming Call 3", etc.
    2) for all queus define parameters freely (to me it did not make sense to provide
    announcement for position within the queue) except for the "Max Callers"
    that has to be set to 1
    3) for each queue define the "Fail Over Destination" to be next queue in
    the list. For instance for "Incoming Call 1" the "Fail Over Destination"
    field will be "Incoming Call 2". For "Incoming Call 2" will be "Incoming Call 3"
    and so forth
    4) For last queue's "Fail Over Destination" field choose it to go to an announcemnt
    or wherever else you want the call to go to,
    5) define your corresponding "Inbound Route" to go to the first queue "Incoming Call 1"
    Alternatively you might want to insert some announcements or IVR before doing that.
    The important thing being that, whenever you are ready to let the call go into the
    queue, for that last task the "Next Destination" field must be set to the first
    queue "Incoming Call 1"

The way it works

Whenever a call arrives it will play some announcements or IVR (if any) then will go
    in "Incoming Call 1". If a call is already there waiting to be attended, then it will
    "fail over" to "Incoming Call 2" an so forth.
    An operator looking at the FOP panel will see only a call per queue. This graphical
    result will enable s/he to selectively drag & drop specific calls onto whatever
    extension s/he decides it has to be delt from.

3. zaritronic

I have missed few steps in my previous description. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Modify Step (5) with the following:

5a) create a ring group + choose the Incoming Call 1 as NEXT DESTINATION
    5b) for the incoming route's NEXT DESTINATION choose whatever announcement you would
    like the call to go through before its dispatching
    5c) for the announcement's NEXT DESTINATION choose the previously define RING GROUP