Queue issues

Discussion in 'General' started by thomasj, Nov 7, 2010.

1. thomasj

Hi everyone,

We've just deployed an Elastix 2.0 machine, with a mix of 30 Yealink T28/T26 handsets, and have hit some issues with queues

1. If a queue agent is on a call, and a new call comes in to the queue, when he hangs up the phone, he is not offered the new call until the retry timer is up (big problem in our scenario).
    2. We have about 20 handsets on our main queue, if a call comes in and is answered, the other handsets keep ringing for an extra 2-3 seconds.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Thomas

2. dicko

The retry timer works as expected, queues in Asterisk 1.6 behave differently than in 1.4, try going back to Elastix 1.6

The ringtone is largely handset dependent and given it's format will often have to finish it's cycle, in NANP land about 5 seconds. 4 seconds ring one second silence.

3. thomasj

Thanks for the quick reply

Sadly can't go back to Elastix 1.6 / Asterik 1.4 - we need some of the additional functions that Asterisk 1.6 has for other parts of the system :(. Is there some way to get the queues to behave themselves?

Understood what you're saying with the ring tone - I'll have a play around and try to find one with a shorter "cycle"

4. dicko

Look into asterisk 1.8 or another SIP server. 1.6 is basically a placeholder while Asterisk moves on. (If it indeed does)

5. thomasj

I was hoping you wouldn't say something like that....

Back to the drawing board I suppose

6. dicko

You might want to try other hardware, I don't have that problem with aastra's cisco's or polycom's, the ring will stop on the phones being notified that the call was answered, grandstream etc, different story which is one reason I won't use them, never used yealinks.

If you set the retry timer to something acceptable , does that work?

7. thomasj

The continuing to ring issue isn't really a big problem, its more an annoyance than anything else.

I have the retry timer set to 15 seconds, which is as low as I can really go beucase (yet another bug) is that Asterisk seems to ring all phones until hitting the timeout, wait a few seconds, then ring all phones again.

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to ditch Asterisk - too much pain to get simple things to work.

8. dicko

Possibly Asterisk is in it's death throws, it strangled itself, unfortunately at this point in time the GNU alternatives are still experiencing birthing pains, you are stuck between the devil and a hard place.

;)

good luck

9. sababa

Has anyone fixed the ringing issue?
    I am having the same issue on a queue with 15 Yealink phones.