queue including a custom extension to outside num

Discussion in 'General' started by jdhatch, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jdhatch

Jan 23, 2011
    I am trying to allow a queue to have a dynamic include a member that can be easily added and removed to send incoming calls to an outside answering service.

I am using 3100 as the queue and incoming trunks go straight to it.

I can get 3100* and then 12345678900# to work w/o a problem (a little cumbersome for the clerical staff)

I have setup the custom extension 2999 with:
    This device uses custom technology. dial: local/12345678900@outbound-allroutes

(I am pretty sure the "local/" is my problem but I can not find what to change it to having searched and browsed elastix docs, elastix w/o tears, these forums, FreePBX docs and simply Google)

If I add to the queue using 3100* and then 2999# the following happens:

1) if I call 2999 12345678900 does still ring (expected)
    2) if I call 3100 12345678900 does ring (expected)
    3) if I call in on the trunk the other 3100 agents ring but 12345678900 DOES NOT ring (NOT expected)

Help, please.

ALSO where do I find the options and syntax for "dial: local/12345678900@outbound-allroutes"

Thanks, Jason
  2. jgutierrez

Feb 28, 2008
    What I understand from your question, is that you would like a mechanism to forward inbound calls into your queues into an external number that plays back a message?

If that is what you want, I will recommend you to use "Day/Night" function, so when on "day" it will go into your queue, and when in "night" mode, it will go into a misc destination that will dial to your external number.
    If this is what you want to do, then, the inbound route must go into your "Day/Night" feature.

But if you want to do it automatically, what you can use is a time condition, that way, if during the working hours a call comes in, it will go into your queue, else it will go into your misc destination.
    Same as before, the inbound route should go into the time condition feature.