Questions about voicemail

Discussion in 'General' started by samiux, Sep 12, 2008.

1. samiux

Hi all,

I do not have any hardphone (VoIP phone) installed on the network with my Elastix box. But I have an analog phone attached to the X100P card.

When I do not activate the softphone (Zoiper), the incoming call from my cell phone will divert to the voicemail after the 1st ring. However, if the softphone is activated, the incoming call will ring for 20 seconds and then divert to voicemail if I do not answer.

My questions are :
    (1) Can the incoming call rings for 20 seconds when nobody answer and then divert to voicemail in the condition of the computer is switched off? If yes, how to configure the Elastix for the purpose?

(2) If the answer for the question number 1 is impossible, what cheap in price hardphone do you recommend? Wired or wireless is good (home use only)? Can I use the VoIP phones that designed for Skype as they are inexpensive?

(3) Does the hardphone easy to configure?

Thanks a lot.

Samiux

2. rafael

(1) I suppose it is possible, but I don't know how to do it. I don't think freepbx support this, so you should need to edit Asterisk configuration by hand.

(2) I am using an Atcom 530 right now and works good. You may want to check the hardware compatibility list in our wiki.

(3) Depends on the brand, but normally they are easy to configure and some can be configure from Elastix interface.

Regards,

Rafael

3. samiux

rafael,

Thanks a lot.

Samiux